Options

2022 T@B Changes

Comments

• Options
    RickyRicky Member Posts: 24
    What’s he latest on this AC problem? What are going into the 2022 400s? The same air 8 or back to the coolcat? This could determine me canceling my order for he 2022 400 boondocker 
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    edited September 2021
    Here is a list of changes for 2022.  Nothing about the A/C.  I think they will stick with the tried and true CoolCat.

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Where is the list? I know about the new composite floor, which is why I ordered a 2022. But still worried about the air problem. I didn’t expect a lot of the problems I’ve seen on this forum. I got a really good deal on a new 400 boondocker but it’s still very expensive teardrop camper. I was expecting a keener eye on the quality control. I don’t know, maybe I’m venting because this deal I’m getting is a 900 mile trip one way. I hope I’m not biting off more than I can chew.
  • Options
    @Ricky - oops!  I edited my entry above.
  • Options
  • Options
    KatydidKatydid Member Posts: 43
    @Ricky My 2021 400 BD has the cool cat not the air8. 
    2021 TAB 400BD; 2015 Audi Q5
    Boston Northshore
  • Options
    ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 725
    The Air8 seems to have been a one year only experiment for the 400s.
    And it didn't work out very well.
    All the 2021 400s have the Coolcat and I'd be very surprised if that changes for 2022.
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • Options
    Yeah, silly me. I looked on the invoice and it’s the Cool Cat and heat pump. Happy to see that!
  • Options
    Mandy Lea You Tube regarding the 2022 Model Year Updates
    https://youtu.be/r-B8NM7Lt4c
  • Options
    AirBossAirBoss Member Posts: 740
    Couple things to keep in mind regarding this forum.

In large measure its designed help out owners who are experiencing issues with their rig or seeking advice on one thing or another. By definition, a majority of the chatter will be maintenance and repair issues. Not to mention human nature being what it is, folks are less inclined to post uplifting/positive comments than they are troubling/negative ones. 

Second but no less important nuCamp, like virtually every other manufacturer is experiencing both supply chain and personnel challenges as a result of the pandemic. 

The industry is not well known for its quality, in general. In spite of the issues noted in this sandbox I feel nuCamp continues to set a pretty high bar.
    2020 T@B 400 "OTTO" (build date 08/19)
    Factory Victron Solar; Norcold 3-way fridge
    '04 Chevy Tahoe Z71 DinoKiller
    San Diego, CA
    www.airbossone.com
    https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/owen-ashurst/shop

• Options
    DbremmerDbremmer Member Posts: 12
    We picked up a new T@B 320CS-S in August (2021).  The dealer told us that it is recorded as a 2022 model because model year production now begins in July the previous calendar year.  The dealer also told us that our trailer would be identical to a 2021 because changes are incorporated in January of the model year.  Thank you Sharon_is_SAM for providing the 2022 model year changes list.  Changes are not dramatic or numerous, but I am a little confused.    Looking at my 320CS-S it looks like I might have some of the changes, but not all.
     - I do not know how to identify Transcore flooring, Lithium Battery switch converter, or automatic battery cutoff.
     - The new trailer welcome package included a bluetooth sensor to install on the bottom of the LP tank.
     - The cassette toilet waste tank door does lock with key, but the plumbing utility access door does not.
     - We got solar, but I think that it was by dealer order.
     - Our bench seat cushions do split between the side benches and the back bench.  This is a significant convenience.
     - There is a nice (double) towel hook just outside the bathroom door high up to the door handle side.
  • Options
    Look at the label on the side of the frame.  It should have the production date.  If it is titled as a 2022, then you should have the 2022 changes.  Looks like you received the updates, some of which are not obvious.  Can you identify the model of the converter?  Not sure about the automatic battery cutoff.  You can email help@nucamprv.com and ask about the battery cutoff and where the lock should be.  
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    If you have the new floor, your floor covering will be a wide barn like board pattern, not the marry gray floor board pattern.  Congratulations on your new TaB.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    DenverJaguarDenverJaguar Member Posts: 57
    I thought I had all of the updates (mine is a 2022, ordered in May, arrived end of September), but now I'm not sure. I know I got locked cassette and Nautilus, lithium converter (there's a tiny switch on the circuit board inside labeled LI and LA), and all the plastic stuff outside is black. I thought I got the new flooring but it doesn't have that barn-like reclaimed lumber look like in this video. I wonder how to verify the type of flooring I have? 
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,185
    I think you’ll need to find an edge or somewhere you can see a cross section of the floor. 2021s had two layers of 1/4” luan with a foam core and composite sheet under that. Do some digging under the bench seats and you might be able to see the composite subfloor.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 985
    You can probably contact NuCamp with you VIN and they should be able to tell you what floor you have.  I would not assume that the type of vinyl flooring you have indicates what type of floor is underneath.  I have an early production 2021 400 and it has different vinyl flooring than the later 2021s.  Mine is the same as some of the 2020 400s as I assume they were using up the last years vinyl before switching over to the newer years look.  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Good point bergger, the top floor vinyl covering could be different.  But the née barn floor looking vinyl is over the new subfloor.  You could still have the new subfloor with an earlier Lino floor covering.  A call to nüCamp with the vin will reveal all…
    cheers
  • Options
    On my new T@B 320 CS-S The sticker on the Frame says that the production is in July 2021.  The flooring finish looks like gray panels that are 6-inches wide.  
    I checked the Converter (AC to DC).  It is a WFCO Model WF-8735LiS.  The Converter output is listed as 14.6 VDC 32.5 A (Li), and 13.6 VDC 35A (LA).  I found the small switch at the panel top-right that switches between Li and LA.  This definitely indicates a 2022 model.  Also, it brings up the question in my mind about charging a Li battery with the roof top solar panel.  Is there some adjustment available on the solar system to accommodate a Lithium battery swap. or is it necessary?

I double checked and it is strange that my toilet cassette door has a key lock and the Nautilis utility panel door does not.  That is not such a big deal to me but strange.

Also, I see the words "Automatic battery cutoff", but what does that mean?  What is the functionality and what purpose does it serve?

Thanks.  This forum is great- very helpful and informative.
    David
  • Options
    David, the solar system battery type setting is on the Victron app, and it controls,the solar settings for charging lithium, AGM or wet cell batteries and the size of battery being used.  You install the app on a smart phone, after downloading it.  It connects to Victron solar controller via Bluetooth.
    cheers
  • Options
    Thank you Denny16 for pointig me to the VictronConnect App.  I loaded it and connected via Bluetooth to monitoring the MPPT module.  It showed me current parameters for solar panel operation with the Lead Acid battery.  It has capability for setting parameters for different battery types. - Everything needed.

I found a spot on the floor of my new T@B 320CS-S  ( July 2021 production)   in the rear driver side corner in front of the ALDE unit where holes are drilled in the floor for pipes to pass through.   See the photo below. The floor material appears to be:   vinyl cover / light color fiber (about 1/8 inch thick) / Black color foam / presumably another 1/8 fiber layer.    Probe with an ice pick confirms that the black material is foam.   At first, I mistook the fiber layer for wood.  Upon closer inspection, I conclude that it is glass fiber.  I believe that I have the new Transcore floor as developed for Airstream.

Below is a close up photo of the cushion fabric.  This does look like the fabric shown for the T@B 320 in the Mandy Lea video.  According to the video, the T@B 400 has a tighter looking weave and possibly more water resistance.

A key problem solution feature is the black mushroom shaped sensor for the Air 8 A/C that I found located on the CS-S interior passenger side back wall below the speaker level, and just above the back bench vertical cushion.  This means that the factory is now installing the sensor in a good place for proper function.

I conclude that I have the majority of the 2022 upgrades for a T@B 320 CS-S.  Does anybody have information on what the "Automatic Battery cutoff" is ?
  • Options
    Looks like it could be Transcore, which is described as, “ With a center closed cell foam and finely placed unidirectional fibers at 0° and 90°, the composite material includes multiple layers across the entire one-piece construction.”  The phots show a black core like this exploded view:

Another illustration show the black core, shown here by the blue block.  The stack on top and bottom are the bonded layers.
    cheers
  • Options
    ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 725
    The holes for the water pipes in the photo above look like they were hacked out of the floor. 
    I think nuCamp needs to get some sharper drill bits!
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • Options
    A hole saw would do the trick nicely.  These appear to be the new low point drains, so possibly a layout change at the last minute?
    cheers
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,185
    @ChrisFix Thought the same thing.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road