Options

How do you level your T@b side to side?

2»

Comments

• Options
    JandJ92010JandJ92010 Member Posts: 304
    I have read some reviews on the BAL leveler, some people have said that the threads on the leveling screw don't hold up very well, that they strip out. Comments please?
    The HobbiT@B, 2015-L, towed by a2014 RAM C/V
  • Options
    RadRad Member Posts: 516
    I have read some reviews on the BAL leveler, some people have said that the threads on the leveling screw don't hold up very well, that they strip out. Comments please?
    I keep mine clean and greased, so far not a problem.
  • Options
    MercatorMercator Member Posts: 237
    Rad said:
    I keep mine clean and greased, so far not a problem.
    Me too.  I think that some of the complaints may be from users who are lifting a lot more weight than one wheel (i.e. half the loaded weight) our T@Bs.
    Ray and Vida Barrick
    (formerly a 2013 T@B Q M@X); 2015 Jeep Sahara JKU (Max Tow)
    Toronto ON Canada
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    I read that too, and wondered about it, til I was in dry, sandy New Mexico. 

Then I had the same problem as the other guy. 

The only problem was that the screw needed to be lubed. It's fine ever since.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    source3source3 Member Posts: 142
    The stabilizers are way not strong enough to level the camper. There are several different things people use. We got the Andersen levelers.

^^^  I use this too.
    Andrew P. 
    Durango, CO

• Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    I also carry the BAL.  As a solo gal, I can turn the T@B and then level with the BAL.  If I'm not turning, I may just back the T@B up onto a Lynx block, a/k/a waffle block a/k/a Lego block. 
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    The stabilizers are way not strong enough to level the camper. There are several different things people use. We got the Andersen levelers.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b4JQV15VzBc
    I had not seen these.  They are pretty cool.  I was looking for an easy to use and store back up for my Bal level, these should be great.  I just ordered a set, thanks for the post.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    You know, I was wondering why my BAL didn't collect sand in Moab last summer and I think it's because I did not use it. MY site was very flat and level. My BAL still Is very clean and greasy.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    edited August 2015
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Truthfully, if you are camping solo, I think the BAL is the quickest and easiest. If you always have another set of eyes, probably the Anderson levelers work well. I also like the ability to be exact with the BAL.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    jkjenn said:
    Truthfully, if you are camping solo, I think the BAL is the quickest and easiest. If you always have another set of eyes, probably the Anderson levelers work well. I also like the ability to be exact with the BAL.
    I agree.  What may be nice with the Anderson is the fact it looks like it can also be exact.  The "second set of eyes" is a valid comment.  
  • Options
    bgualtieribgualtieri Member Posts: 272
    That is true. Besides the four eyes on my own head, there almost always is a second set of eyes available when we camp
    2015 T@b S Max | 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited | was PHX East Valley, now Dallas!