Options

Solved and Fixed! - Please Help! Plumbing Broke on Shower Drain!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    The drain is not a pressure fitting, and hand tight should do the job, as the threads are tapered and tighten up as you screw it in.  Nice job fixing it, I also like your flex line solution.  Safe travels…
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    _JB__JB_ Member Posts: 18
    Wanted to drop in here and thank the OP @Oinfront as well as @Scrunchy for this post! Noticed water dripping out behind the passenger wheel over the Labor Day weekend, did some troubleshooting and realized I had a shower drain leak. Jumped on here and did a quick search, pulled the access panel and found the exact same break. Amazon Prime is delivering the used extractor tool Thursday! I'm not sure if I will be able to replace just the broken part, but I think I'm going to try that if possible instead of rebuilding the whole thing. Many thanks for taking the time to post your experience with pictures! So helpful!
  • Options
    OinfrontOinfront Member Posts: 37
    @_JB_ Good to hear that this thread helped you! Give us an update on how things go. And if you have any questions reach out. My repair has had no issues at all, hopefully it will be the same for you.
    2019 T@B 400
    2014 VW Touareg TDI