Options

Floor replacement by nuCamp

I will have the floor replaced in my 2015 T@B CS-S (soft spots) by nuCamp. Can anyone tell me how to prepare my T@B for the service center? I will be traveling from Louisiana and would like to continue traveling after the repair without having to return to Louisiana just to pick up what has to be removed for the repair. Are there any short term storage facilities near the nuCamp service center in Sugarcreek, Ohio? Has anyone else had this repair done by nuCamp? I have been told the repair will take 4 days and I should remove things from the lower cabinets. To what extent is the question (cushions/foam mattress, cooking hardware, etc.) I've tried to get an answer from Austin at nuCamp but he is probably too busy to reply. Thans\ks

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    I would remove all personal items you put into the TaB, I also removed the cushions, and camping equipment I had in the trailer.  The Tongue box stuff can be left in place.  To repair the floor on the old plywood floor TaBs, the trailer and furniture is lifted off the floor and frame.  So removing all loose gear will clear the way for furniture removal prior to separating the floor.  
    Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,512
    @d4amigos - there are plenty of storage facilities in and near Sugarcreek - just Google it.

If they are doing a complete floor replacement then follow their request to remove anything that lays on the floor from the lower kitchen cabinet, the lower wardrobe cabinet and from under the benches.  As Denny stated, they lift the shell off the floor.  If it was me, I would bring several large Sterlite containers and empty the cabinets completely.  You don’t want anything spilling out and potentially breaking.  I would remove the cushions just to prevent soiling.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    Yes Sharon, and thst is the main reason I removed the cushions from our TaB before the floor repair was done.  Ours didn’t involve removing the body from the floor, just the lower cabinet fronts were removed, so everything was taken out.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.