Options

Procedure to Winterize via Air Compressor (T@b 400 with Nautilus)

HighDesertHighDesert Member Posts: 1
Attached is a file describing a procedure for those of us who wish to winterize our T@bs using compressed air.  I've just taken delivery of a 2022 T@b 400 Boondock after several years of owning a 320, so I'm brand new to the Nautilus system.  To all those with experience, please review the document and provide feedback/correct my mistakes.  I can revise and make available to the forum if useful.

(Title edited for search purposes.  Moderator)

Comments

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,927
    @HighDesert, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new trailer!  Wishing you success with your project. -Denise
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,528
    edited November 2021
    @HighDesert - thanks for taking the time to record the procedure.  Here are a few things to consider.  Not sure if you saw the 320 document, so it is attached.  

1.  Not sure if flushing the toilet after turning off the pump will do much, especially after draining the plumbing lines.

2.  Is it helpful to go tongue up to drain the lines and Alde tank?

3.  The question always comes up about knowing if the Alde is empty.  You can measure the output by placing a bucket under the TaB.  Not sure how much water is held by the Flow tank, but the Alde holds about 2.5 gallons.

4.  To blow out the Nautilus harness, the valves are set at 45 degree angles, but to blow out the remainder of the lines, the valves should be set to “Winterize”.  This allows the air to flow through each line to a faucet.

5.  You only need to drain the Alde and fresh water tanks.  The limited water left behind will not damage the tanks.  Once you set the Nautilus to “Winterize” the Alde and Flow tanks are Bypassed.

6.  Although we start the process with empty tanks, I empty the tanks of residual blow out water before adding AF.  If you add a lot of AF, it is probably not necessary.

7.  Some of the drains in the 400 have Hepvo valves which eliminate the water sitting in a P trap.  No need to add AF to those drains.  

8.  You may want to add a reminder to get AF down to both sides of the the gray and black tank valves by leaving the outlet cap in place and quickly opening and closing the valves.

Blowing out the lines with the Nautilus system on the 320 was discussed in this linked thread.  Page 3 talks about the need to place the valves at 45 degrees just to blow out the Nautilus harness/manifold, then place them in the Winterize position to blow out the remainder of the lines.

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/11331/winterizing-the-2021-tab-320-questions/p1

How to Winterize the 320 with Nautilus here:  https://us.v-cdn.net/5021717/uploads/editor/a2/vvpi5ziw2jus.pdf

Hope this helps!

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,432
    edited November 2021
    On the new, 2021 and later, TaB400#, the only P-trap requiring antifreeze is the shower, the two sinks have Hepvo (waterless) valves, which as Sharon pointed out, do not require AF.  That said, if blowing out the trailer’s water lines, you only need to add a bit of AF to the gray and black tanks, via the shower (which will get AF in the P-trap and gray tank, and down the toilet.  You only need enough to get the AF into the drain lines under the trailer and gate valves (both sides).

I only drain and blow out the Water lines on our 2018 TaB400, we do not have any P-traps, I changed out the only P-trap in the galley sink to a Hepvo valve, the shower already had a factory one installed, and we do not have a washroom sink.  I drain the holding tanks after blowing out the trailer water lines, and let them throughly drain, then flush them out and rain again.  I leave the gate valves open (with a screen over them to keep critters out) and a bucket under the drain to catch any residue that might come out.  We do not live in a hard freeze area, so this works for us.

The advantage of blowing out the water lines, eliminates the need for AF in these lines, as no water (or very little ) in the lines prevents any damage from freezing (air contracts in cold and freezing conditions).  That said, it’s your trailer, and you should do what makes you comfortable for your situation, and for the protection you want.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.