Options

Looking forward to our T@B 400

DMatternDMattern Member Posts: 22
My wife and I have been discussing getting an RV for over a year as I get ready to finally retire. Last spring we saw a T@B 400 in the parking lot of the Olympic National Park visitor center. After months of what we now call “the perpetual discussion” we’ve decided its what we want so now we have to wait for our order to get filled. Along the way we seriously considered Class B vans (too small and expensive), less expensive trailers (too much like a cheap motel) and Airstreams (nice features but too expensive). This will be our first experience with RVs (although my wife’s family traveled in a pickup camper when she was in grade school). We like to hike and hope to use the T@B as a base for day hikes.

A bit about us - we now live in Port Angeles, Washington., on the tip of the Olympic Peninsula. Before moving here we were in Seatte for a long time. In times long gone by I was a rock climber and mountaineer and we’ve had some great backpacks together. Now we love to hike but carrying camp seems a bit much, hence the move to an RV. We also look forward to traveling around and visiting more of our country in a leisurely way, visiting vineries and just seeing other places. 

I’m hoping this forum will help us figure out how to make our T@B our own and solve problems I’m sure will come up. As a start, any tips for us newbies on what to expect and how to prepare would be great. We are so looking forward to this!
Bubbles - 2022 T@B 400 Boondock
Tug - 2021 F-150 4x4 Hybrid

Comments

• Options
    qhumberdqhumberd Member Posts: 470
    Welcome to T@B country and I am sure you will find a lot of support here. A lot of folks seemed to have followed your path to our little trailers, including us. We love the freedom that a good night's rest provides when exploring the outdoors. We have done the backpacking and gotten the T-shirt and a lot of good memories, but we did not want to stop enjoying nature due to stiffness and soreness that had nothing to do with hiking!

All the best, and take time to learn from the community

2019  T@B400 Boondock Lite "Todd"

2016 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,496
    Welcome and glad you found the forum!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    Yes, Welcome Aboard and have fun.  Be sure to read the Tips and Tricks and Trailer and Towing topics listed on the left column of the forum.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    edited November 2021
    Welcome to the T@b family!!! You made the perfect choice! I'm about to take delivery of my third T@b and I can't imagine owning anything else!!!!   This forum will take good care of you as you learn the wonderfully complex T@b.
  • Options
    jgpell14jgpell14 Member Posts: 21
    Hello and welcome aboard. My wife and I went through a similar process and recently put our order in for a t@b400. Like you, this is our first RV. We've found this forum to be fantastic - as well as YouTube. The downside is it can be a bit overwhelming! I think by the time we get the tab I'm going see every video and read every article out there. It's going to be a long winter!
    2022 TAB 400 BD / 2019 Honda Passport / 2023 Land Rover Defender / Cumberland, RI
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @DMattern, congrats on the impending arrival and welcome to the forum. Remember that we live pics here.  Be sure to post some shots of your gorgeous new arrival when you get it. Now, like waiting for the ketchup, you experience the A N T I C I P A T I O N! It's all part of the fun. Enjoy!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    scott14scott14 Member Posts: 132
    We are scheduled to take delivery of our 2022 320 S on Saturday.  We too are newbies and have nervous anticipation!  It is overwhelming, but all part of the fun.  We too have found this forum to be a wealth of information.  It will be a great resource as we learn more about our new T@B.
    Scott / 2022 T@B 320S / 2019 T@B 400 / 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ / Northern Illinois
  • Options
    dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 585
    @DMattern congratulations! When do you expect delivery? I'll be all around the Olympic Peninsula in July!
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @scott14, congratulations on your trailer! Same comment as above, we all love the pics! Post up a few of your new rig like the proud t@b parents you will be. Happy t@bbing!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,594
    DMattern said:
    . . . we have to wait for our order to get filled.
    . . . seriously considered Class B vans (too small and expensive),
    . . . less expensive trailers (too much like a cheap motel)
    . . . Airstreams (nice features but too expensive).
    . . . our first experience with RVs
    Wow I can relate to your comments!
    Welcome to the family, you will not regret having a T@B.

{ I switched to T@B after slow boat boating on Puget Sound for 30+ years }

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+