Options

Alde screen deformed

There are white lines and a black dot on the Alde screen making it hard to read.  How do I go about getting this fixed?  A TAB service mechanic?  The closest is 70 miles away.  Buy the part?  Where?  Who would install it?  The system itself seems to be working OK except being slow to heat and the heat only coming out of one area but I can live with that.  I bought this 2018 Tab in October from a deal with no guarantees.
Sliver and white 2018 T@B 320S bought 10-21 in Sarasota, FL.  

Comments

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,642
    The screen can be replaced.  Not hard to do.
    The first thing to check is: your glycol level in the glycol expansion tank.  Heat only coming from one area could mean there is not enough glycol in the system. Or, there could be an air "bubble" preventing it from flowing.  Find the expansion tank and have a look. Where to find it:
    The Alde screen is not hard to replace.  It is also easy to remove off the wall to check the small connector on the back of it that connects to the main Alde unit.  (I'm sure to find that thread later!)

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    AmyJoAmyJo Member Posts: 24
    Thank you!  I have some exploring to do to find the glycol tank.  Can I buy and add glycol or is this something that I need to take to the service people?  They were good about ordering me a new vent when I called.  I will see if they will order a new Aldi screen for me.  This is all very new to me.  My Chinook had a propane furnace.  
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    edited December 2021
    AmyJo said:
    Thank you!  I have some exploring to do to find the glycol tank.  Can I buy and add glycol or is this something that I need to take to the service people?  They were good about ordering me a new vent when I called.  I will see if they will order a new Aldi screen for me.  This is all very new to me.  My Chinook had a propane furnace.  
    In a 2018 320s, the glycol tank is in the far right corner, behind the corner directly beneath the upper cabinet. There’s a small panel beneath that upper cabinet that slides out once you remove two square head screws. You’ll likely need a flashlight to check the level. Given the age of your rig, the glycol fluid currently in there is likely Century TF-1, available on Amazon (it should be a yellowish green in color). DON’T USE ANYTHING ELSE…you shouldn’t mix brands.

That said, when you have time, please dig into the recent threads on corrosion and the new Rhomar Water fluid currently in use. Your 2018 may or may not have had the fluid changed at 2 years as required; hopefully you were provided service records. If that service was performed, it likely is due again now or shortly; if not, it’s badly overdue. This is not a DIY job for most people. Many of us are opting to have the glycol changed to the new stuff at the next scheduled service, and that’s something you may want to consider.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    AmyJoAmyJo Member Posts: 24
    It seems that I need to take my TAB to someone who knows it and have a thorough service done.  Thank you for this information.