Options

2022 Tab 400 BD Pricing

Looking to purchase a 2022 Tab 400 BD and with today’s market conditions what would be considered a reasonable discount off of MSRP. 
Thanks 

Comments

• Options
    CamperQueCamperQue Member Posts: 26
    Reason asking is considering a deal around 17% off of the msrp, however I don’t have an idea how these numbers compare to years past.

• Options
    dlbdlb Member Posts: 141
    Look at pricing on the RV Trader App.  Not sure you will find an agreed upon MSRP.  
    2021 Tab 400 Boondock
    2020 Audi SQ5
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    I think any discount off MSRP is going to be a good deal, especially in a market where used TaBs are selling for almost as much as new ones.  You could also,shop around your area dealers s d see what they offer.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    dlb said:
    Look at pricing on the RV Trader App.  Not sure you will find an agreed upon MSRP.  
    Agreed. This is one of my favorite soapboxes! MSRPs do not apply to the RV industry--at least not in the way they do in the automotive industry where a fixed posted MSRP is federally required for every car and truck. There's a reason why you don't usually see MSRPs reported on RV manufacturer web sites.  ;-)

That's not to say manufacturers don't provide an MSRP to their dealers (and I think nuCamp does) but--unless there's some outside contractual agreement--the dealer is under no legal requirement to report that value to you. Many might do so, but if wrangling over specific discounts is a priority, I wouldn't take their word for it without additional verification.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    USSBirdUSSBird Member Posts: 66
    Yes Virginia, there is a MSRP.  =).  Agree with ScottG, there are no "Monroney sticker" for RV's.  However NuCamp has in the past provided dealers with the model MSRP Order Form. The below is from 2021.  Cant tell you about 2022 version.  Good luck!

2021 T@B 400 BD / 2020 Ram 1500, Northwest Arkansas
  • Options
    Thanks for the information, have been looking around and have basically decided on a 400 BD. Now just checking to see if there are any deals to be found especially in the current market conditions.

• Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,006
    Unless you absolutely have to have on now I would wait a bit and see if prices come down.  While I love our 2021 400 I would not pay 40-45k for it.    We got out 2021 in March of 2020, an early 2021 build, and I haggled the price to 30k + tax out the door.  What I feel is a more reasonable price for the trailer.    When we were shopping for ours the salesman accidentally emailed me the Dealers cost sheet from NuCamp.  He was mortified when he realized that error and his boss was none too happy with him!  The dealer cost for our trailer was $26,189 and the listed M.A.P. (Minimum Advertised Price) was $37,974.  That just demonstrates how fast the prices became inflated.  I'm sure costs have gone up given the situation these days but it also just shows the enormous mark up the dealers put on RVs.  With ours its a good 31% mark up.  I'm sure with the costs these days it is still a similar mark up on the trailers.  Hopefully the prices will self correct themselves after inventory builds back up and possibly the RV craze subsides a bit.  Good luck with your search. 
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    dlbdlb Member Posts: 141
    We ordered our 400 last fall and took delivery in January.  I shopped around.  MSRP varied by over $8,000.  Out the door price with my requested options and modifications were within $500 from multiple dealers.  

The demand in the RV, boat and car market has not gone down.  Supply has.  It will be a few years before equilibrium comes back into play.  It is a sellers market.
    2021 Tab 400 Boondock
    2020 Audi SQ5
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    edited December 2021
    Where are all these new campers going to camp! It's already super difficult to get full hook up sites everywhere I camp.

On second thought,  I guess they are mostly sitting at home waiting for their camper!
  • Options
    JoecoolJoecool Member Posts: 1
    TabbyShack, I agree with you I'm one of those newbies currently looking to get a t@b I'm on the fence about the exact model though the 400 is awful nice, I'm getting divorced working on selling the house of 30 + years so we got tons of stuff I just rented a storage unit to put things like appliances to temporarily store while I wait for the buyers to contact me. First time I'm using Facebook and marketplace and I already sold one vehicle I got two more to get rid of it. :)
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,184
    @TabbyShack Exactly my thoughts. Although I’ve seen a lot more RVs just parked semi-permanently in people’s driveways. I feel like a lot of used RVs will begin to flood the market in the next year. The honeymoon’s over. A neighbor down the street bought a brand new humongous toy hauler last summer and he only took it out once…just been sitting in his driveway. A friend of mine bought a trailer just pre-pandemic…maybe has used it 6 times total and is going to sell it next spring because he has no time to use it. Give it time and I think the used market will start to flood. 

As an aside we paid 33.5k in early December 2020 for a 2021 400 BD. That was after contacting at least 20+ dealers I was willing to travel to. Soon after that you couldn’t find anything below 39k…now it seems like a “deal” is low 40s. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    Yea, it is still a sellers market so far the best deal that have been able to find is around 40,000.00.Will continue to search.
    thanks

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    edited December 2021
    Yes the market will soon be flooded. I have no doubt about that. You just have to ask yourself if it's worth losing camping time to wait for prices to drop. It's just like the stock market,  do you get in now or wait for a correction, but I would hate to even miss one good camping weekend so I would buy now.... and I do have a 2022 400 on order but I sold my 2019 400 for more than I paid for it and I'm buying my third T@B from the same very small dealership in Pennsylvania so Im getting a really good deal.  If you are in reasonable driving distance to Juniata Valley RV, give them a call and ask for Rick and you were referred by Robyn Eller and you will get the best price I've ever found on the East coast.  There is a price increase looming on the horizon though. I believe it's 4%.
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,184
    Yes, with the new year coming so will come a price increase across the board. That was one thing that made me pull the trigger a year ago. Just locking in a price...and thank God I did because we'd be looking at paying nearly 40k for the same trailer. 

I agree with @TabbyShack in that, as long as your finances allow, you shouldn't wait around because every day that goes by is a day not spent camping. But on the flipside of that is that your duty is now to get the best deal you can possibly get. Be cautiously optimistic.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    marchulemarchule Member Posts: 38
    Interesting comments.  Our extended family loves to camp and we were always getting teased about our 2018 320S.  I showed my wife a couple of videos of the 400, walked into our dealer end of October, placed an order for a 400BD and drove off the lot a week ago with our new toy.  Couldn't he happier.  But, wait, there's more.  We sold our 320S for more than we paid to a private party.  Oh, did I mention that I had to keep our 320 parked in the garage?  So, the 400 was not going to get any less attention.  Had to raise the garage door height to accommodate which meant removing brick, re-installing brick, re-doing stucco, getting a new garage door and then getting another matching garage door!  Plus, it has been a riot looking for new things to customize the interior.  For us, taking extra good care of what we've worked hard for, is worth preserving. Without a doubt, if we decide to make another change in a couple of years, our 400 will have served us well, again.  What more can I say? 
    2018 320S / KIA Sorento 3.5 V6  - 2022 400 Boondock / KIA Telluride 3.8 V6  -  Utah
  • Options
    RickyRicky Member Posts: 24
    I checked prices all over the country and traveled almost 1000 miles one way to buy my Tab 400 Boondocker because it was a great deal. You can get a great no haggle price from Miller Trailer sales in Pennsylvania. The Miller family are awesome folks and make the sale and closing so easy.