How to add signature lines to profile

We're a new member hoping for help in adding a signature line (trailer model, tv, location) to our profile.  Using a windows pc, when we click on our user name and then go to the gear icon, we see no option to add a signature line.  There is only our username, email address, and a couple of check boxes regarding other matters.  Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    Hi @Tabbers4Life -
    first make sure you are accessing the forum from the Vanilla provided address (not from the nuCamp website link).  
    https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/.  Once you click your gear icon, the permitted tasks are listed on the left side of the screen.

Here are some additional directions you may find helpful:  https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/9412/how-to-navigate-the-t-b-forum-essential-for-new-members#latest

Let us know if this works or not.

Welcome to the forum!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited December 2021
    One tip (and not intending to be snarky here) for these issues is to use the search function above as it will open up a treasure trove of information that is hidden within the forum area.  But to answer your question this thread answers your question.   I took a screen shot too and this will give you an idea of how to accomplish setting up profile info that will appear with every post you make.  

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Tabbers4LifeTabbers4Life Member Posts: 9
    Thanks very much for the replies, greatly appreciated!
    My bad that I didn't say in the original post, that I had already searched out all previous posts regarding this question, and had tried all suggested ways to get to the profile editing page and add a signature line.
    Each way landed me at the edit profile location just fine, but there was no option there to add (or edit) a signature line.  As you can imagine, very frustrating.
    DH finally figured it out.  It was the browser we were using on our windows PC!  When we switched from our customary Firefox to Chrome, and then navigated to the edit profile page, there (in living color) finally was the option to create and edit a signature line.
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    Yes, Firefox has been known to not play nice with the forum.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580
    Sharon_is_SAM said:
    Yes, Firefox has been known to not play nice with the forum.

Gosh is that so true.
    I dislike having different browsers for different web-sites . . . So I forge on with Firefox . . . with perhaps more additional tasks for myself
    A free spirit standing against the corporate giants trying to own & control our digital lives.

Once there was the right way, the army way, and perhaps the IBM way.
    Now Google, Apple, and Microsoft are in a major battle to lock everyone into their system
    while the open-source folks like Firefox and Linix fight for true digital democracy.

I expect the real villain is Vanillacoummunity as they don't seem at all interested it supporting a smooth interface to the Firefox browser.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,396
    edited December 2021
    I see the signature settings just fine in both Firefox and Chrome on my Windows PC. However, I have experienced other issues with Firefox in the past, such as double-spacing between paragraphs where only single spacing was intended (an issue that still persists).

I suspect there might be some variation in the gremlins depending on what particular version is being used. 
    2015 T@B S