Options

Hot and cold water coming from 2 ports behind rear driver side stabilizer.stab

Hello...Sandy here again.... 
Just noticed after returning to out campsite, water is lightly flowing out 2 "ports" - (one hot, the other cold) just to the side of the rear driver side stabilizer...??? -  they look like 1/2 inch tubes.  I am not sure why...
What was unusual, when puting on the water filter and pressure reducer, I noticed there was a brass reducer of some sort on the spigot already (need channel locks to remove it) and adding mine the water would not run...   ANY thoughts???
Never had this happen before...
Thanks for all your help!!!!
Sandy

Comments

• Options
    HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 613
    The two ports are the drain tubes for the hot and cold water circuits.  Open the service panel on the rear driver's side and ensure the Nautilus valves are in the right position, per the manual.  

It sounds like you're trying to run water through two pressure reducers/limiters together in series.  I would only run through one.  Have you tried it with just the reducer that on the spigot already?  You could do that briefly with a hot and cold faucet open in the 400 so there's no risk of over pressurizing the system.  If it flows, then the issue is running two reducers in series, or your reducer is bad.  Have you confirmed your reducer operates normally and allows water flow on another spigot?  If you know it works, then find the pliers you need to remove the one on the spigot and use yours.
    Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited January 2022
    Sandy, it appears the low point drain valves are not fully closed.  The valve handles should be in the Nautilus water service hatch, just above the drain tubes.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    Regarding the "brass reducer" on the spigot, my suspicion is that it is an anti-drain back valve that prevents water from being drawing into the spigot out of what it is connected to when the water is turned off. I see them often in NC State Parks and Forest Service Campgrounds.

Brad
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited January 2022
    If the brass fitting weas actually a 'pressure limiter', I wouldn't depend on one that was provided by the campground in any case.. You wouldn't know what pressure it provides, or if it's working properly. I've seen outrageously high pressure at campground spigots, which would easily blow out your plumbing if you applied it to your Tab.

And as @Dutch061 said, it's possibly not a pressure limiter at all.

Good idea to test your own pressure reducer on another spigot. I expect you tried it without any hose or water filter connected to it, to see if there's flow?
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    SandyKellySandyKelly Member Posts: 10
    Yes,..I did speak to the campground host---the brass fitting is an anti drain back valve...he said most state parks in FL are installing them...As suggested, I put my pressure reducer on the other side of the hose...All good now..
    Thanks for the help everyone!!