Options

Front Window Frame Corner Popped Out

Hello everyone! I have the Tab400, and after coming home from our trip and cleaning things out. I came across the corner here popped out. Oh boy! Well, I attempted to screw it back in, however it doesn’t appear to screw in. Seems like the screw just turns and turns and not actually catching anything or tightening. No idea. Anyone know of a solution? Experiences?

Comments

• Options
    HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 611
    I would try one or two tooth picks broken in half with the pointy side pointing towards and some wood glue.  Put that in the hole and it should give the screw something to bite into.
    Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    @riverchemistry, a properly sized plastic wall anchor (no longer than the screw it will be securing) may work.  You can get some at any hardware store, Home Depot, Lowes, Wal*Mart, etc.  I have used them in my trailer to secure a couple items to the wall, but I drilled a properly-sized hole that would allow the anchor to grab the wall board/foam.  My main concern is that the size of the hole depicted in your photo appears fairly large (I can't tell for sure.)  You might also want to contact nüCamp to see if they have any suggestions.

2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited January 2022
    Toothpicks and sheet rock fasteners at best are a bandaid temporary fix.  Looks like frame screw missed the aluminum frame, the screw shown is a self drilling/tap sheet metal screw.  If your dealer is close, I would take it to them, this could be (and should be) a warranty service, as the screw was miss-aligned during manufacturing by nüCamp.

If you want to give it a go, looks like the screw was placed in the wrong hole on the frame, and ended up going into the wall just above the aluminum frame.  You photo shows a second mounting hole in the corner bracket at the apex.  Try driving the screw in at this point, using a power drill driver (a hand screwdriver will not work very well here).  Pull the other bottom corner cover off, and see where that screw is mounted in the frame to confirm its proper location.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 923
    A little polyurethane glue (like Gorilla glue) in the hole before inserting a plastic anchor like Bayliss suggested will make a good permanent fix with the original screw in the original location.  The polyurethane glue is compatible with the Styrofoam insulation and will expand and bond the anchor in place.  Wait for the glue to cure before replacing the screw.  Toothpicks could be substituted for the plastic anchor but the polyurethane glue is key.  

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    @riverchemistry, in case you haven’t fixed ykur window screen frame yet, here is how my TaB400 front window frame is attached:
    As you can see the screw’s correct locational (red arrow) is the lower hole where it screws into the aluminum frame, not the upper hole (blue arrow) which is above the frame.
    cheers

2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.