AIMS Inverter Remote Switch Instructions?

pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,605
Is this the "On/Off" control for the AIMS inverters in the 400?  Or some thing that looks like it? Can anyone explain for me...how it works?  What the blinky lights mean?  If I was looking at this in the trailer, how would I know the inverter is off?  Completely off?  The manuals for the AIMS inverters just say "here is the remote". I cannot find anywhere a real description of what I'm looking at and how exactly it works.  ( I have some guesses......).

2017 Outback
Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi

Comments

• Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    Our 2020 doesn't have the fault indicator. The inverter is switched on by pressing and holding the button for a couple of seconds, repeat to turn it off. The 1200-watt inverter installed by NuCamp has a transfer switch, so that it automatically switches to shore power if you are plugged in. 

You would know if it were on by the LED underneath the Inverter/AC Mode, the LED will either be green for Inverter Mode or yellow for AC Mode, or not illuminated if it is turned off.

Brad
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,605
    Thanks!  So, if on shore power, does the power switch on the inverter need to be on to power the single outlet? Or, does the single outlet work without regard to the status of the inverter when on shore power? 
    And: would that mean the only time the inverter needs to be powered on is when wanting to use it on battery power?
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    edited January 2022
    On the pre 2020 TaB400s, the inverter only powered the single inverter outlet (which was located next to the on/off control panel), and when on, worked off the battery, no auto shore power transfer.  

On the 2020 TaB400, the inverter has the shore power transfer switch connected up, so when on shore power and the inverter turned on, power to the inverter outlet was from shore power.  When not connected to shore power, the inverter powered the outlets from the battery.  Some YaB400 owners (2020), had reported nüCamp added a second Inverter powered outlet up front. 

In all cases, the inverter needs to be turned on from the control panel to work, once turned on, (with units having the shore power transfer) the inverter will provide power to the outlets from shore power when connected.  Inverter turned off, no power to the inverter outlets in any situation.  Not sure how a 2021 or 2022 TaB inverter is setup.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 958
    On the 2021 400 there is a single outlet in the cubby that is powered by the inverter when it is turned on and running off the battery.  However if plugged into shore power that same outlet has power without having to turn on the inverter.  If on shore power and you turn on the inverter you get a yellow light instead of a green light on the inverter control panel.  No need to turn it on when on shore power for that outlet to work. 
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    Thanks, that is a different mode from what was reported on a 2020 TaB400.
    Mine is a 2018, so same as 2019, with the inverter outlet at the foot of the bunk under the end galley ext counter.  It works only on battery, with its control panel next to it.  It does not work on shore power, wish it did.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.