Options

Alde 3010 214

Can someone tell me what settings for Electric heat only ? Don’t want hot water.

Comments

• Options
    Grumpy_GGrumpy_G Member Posts: 464
    It doesn't have a setting for heat only. In the Alde design the water gets heated when the glycol heats up regardless if you need hot water. The setting for water only (J) still heats up the glycol but the pump to circulate the glycol is turned off. The only way to not have hot water is to have no water at all. 
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,432
    Yes, hot water is a byproduct of heating up the TaB, no wasted energy here…
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    And also helpful to understand,  you do not need to have water in the system to use the heat. Just be sure if winterized that antifreeze was not allowed to go into the Alde. If not, then you are ok to run the heat.  
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,604
    edited January 2022
    @Brooky ;
    As others have noted if there is water in the system then the Alde will heat it.  There is no impact on the cabin heat, if switches are set correctly, by also having hot water available.  If your trailer is winterized (no water in the system) that is Okay as Alde is designed to operate while winterized.

For the Control Panel Setting you requested:
    Notes {edit}:
      -  'D' is for 30A shore power,  use 'B or C' if trailer is connected to you
               house 15/20A outlet.
      -  ' L'  mid-point between 3 & 4 should be around 72F cabin temperature.

Edit:  As noted by @Sharon_is_SAM (below) my initial post had an error.
             Analog Panel Instructions from 3010 manual say:

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,528
    Someone correct me if I am wrong.

B or C operates a single heating element, D operates both heating elements.

You can safely run the Alde on B or C plugged into a 15A household outlet, but you need a 20A household outlet to run the Alde on D (both heating elements).  If you run the Alde on D via a 20A outlet, don’t power up anything else or you may trip the household breaker.

When plugged into a 30A or better shorepower at a campground you can run the Alde on D.

B and C are individual elements.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited January 2022
    Yes @Sharon_is_SAM , I agree. That's been my understanding anyway. IOW, the setting "B" and the setting "C" are redundant. These will heat the glycol at the same rate. 

Nice summary @MuttonChops, of an unintuitive interface! Simple once you get it, but not immediately very clear.

Some further notes, @Brooky, if not confusing enough already!...:
    - Slider H-I-J turns on/off the Alde system generally, and:
       "I" enables the glycol circulating pump - circulates to the 'radiators'
       "J" leaves the circulation pump off, providing only hot tap water
    - Slider A thru D controls the electrical coils which heats the glycol as per above discussion
    - Slider E-F turns on the propane burner which also heats the glycol
       (Note that Electric and Propane can work in tandem for faster heat-up)
    Note also that if neither of the 'fuel' selection sliders is on (ie: the electric coils slider or the propane slider), the "I" slider position will still turn on the circulation pump, but no heat will be produced.
    Someone correct me if I am wrong.

B or C operates a single heating element, D operates both heating elements.

You can safely run the Alde on B or C plugged into a 15A household outlet, but you need a 20A household outlet to run the Alde on D (both heating elements).  If you run the Alde on D via a 20A outlet, don’t power up anything else or you may trip the household breaker.

When plugged into a 30A or better shorepower at a campground you can run the Alde on D.

B and C are individual elements.

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya