Options

tab400 rug / floor question

Hello,

We are waiting on the arrival of our tab400 bd (can't wait!!!). We are thinking about a rug for in front of the sink to the bed and entry.

Can anyone tell me what the dimensions of the floor are on a tab400 bd and what you've done?

Thanks for your help!

2022 TAB 400 BD / 2019 Honda Passport / 2023 Land Rover Defender / Cumberland, RI

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    I can't locate any recent 400 rug discussions.  This may help:

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/11345/dimensions-of-2021-t-b-400

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    marchulemarchule Member Posts: 38
    Here are our dimensions:

Area 1, in front of the bed: 30 (wheel to wheel direction) x 23
    Area 2, from the above: is a trapezoid 27 (wheel to wheel) x 34 x 19 (wheel to wheel)
    Area 3, door: 22 x 43 (wheel to wheel)

We use three rugs:  33 x 21 (area 1), 24 x 17 (area 2), 24 x 16 (doorway)
    2018 320S / KIA Sorento 3.5 V6  - 2022 400 Boondock / KIA Telluride 3.8 V6  -  Utah
  • Options
    xdrxdr Member Posts: 261
    We got a long rug from Costco last year and it is perfectly the width of the area from sink to bath and it runs from bed to where the bath wall angles to the dinette. It has a vinyl top and grippy bottom, neutral color, and is one of those long kitchen cushy rugs- although no more than ~1cm thick. We carefully marked and cut it to fit the curve of the kitchen cab and the angle in the ‘hall’. It was a perfect solution. It is cozy and warm on our feet, easy to clean and keeps the area tidy. We got snow yesterday so can’t send a pic. but I can in a day or two. 
    You might keep a look out for it at Costco. 
    mary 
    2021 T@b 400 BDL, 2020 Ram Rebel 1500  
    One man, one woman, two small dogs and a sense of humor.
  • Options
    RCBRCB Member Posts: 193
    I cut a cheapy piece of carpet to fit the entire floor area. First, measured the drew a paper pattern then cut the carpet.  I’d like to cut a new carpet from a better quality product and have the edge bound, but I’m afraid the cost will considerable. This drawing was made from my 2019, 400. You should make a paper pattern to confirm the fit.
    400 - 2019
    St Catharines, ON
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    The new TaB400s with the newer f fridge/wardrobe option, have a different floor layout, no longer a straight run in front of the washroom/wardrobe wall.  The road robe/fridge floor area is no onger an angle, but is straight.  So a new pattern would be required.

That said, a small runner would fit down the middle of the floor frommthe rear bunk and up to the galley area.  A second small doormat type rug fits in front of the door entry, as is what we use.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    We picked up 2 of the cushiony mats for in front of a sink from Aldi several years ago.  Easy to clean and water on the mat when you exit the shower is no problem.  Have held up well and reasonably priced.
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab