Options

2014 CS-S With Alde. No bypass valve. Help with identifying the setup.

pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,701
Person on one of the Facebook pages wants to work on winterizing the trailer.  Would like to try the blowout method if that is possible.  This is a 2014 CS-S, with a March 2014 build date.  (Maybe one of the earliest Aldes?) The fresh water tank is still back there under the clamshell sink.  The other 2014 info we have in the Forums have the fresh water tank under the passenger side of the trailer under the floor. (Or, maybe I don't know enough about the CS sink setup).  With the pictures, and asking questions of the owner, she has not been able to locate anything that looks like the fresh water tank drain valves we all could recognize.  There is no bypass valve, and maybe no mixing valve.  ( I forgot to ask about the mixing valve, so I've asked a few more questions tonight about it.)
I also don't seem to see a hot water cutoff to the Alde, and I've asked about that, too. (Edit: chatted with the owner, there are no other valves, either on the red pipes to/from the Alde, or a mixing valve.)
I've annotated a few of the pictures to show what the "guesses" are as to what we are seeing. 
So: any idea how the fresh water tank drains?  Is the corrugated white pipe a tank water fill or a vent? (Edit: the big corrugated while pipe is the manual fresh water tank fill). 
Tab Archeology!

2017 Outback
Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,528
    The early Tags have the same set up.  The water tank drain is teed into the cold water drain.
    The extra blue pipe that leads to the drain that exits next to the low point drains looks like it functions as an overflow/vent for the fresh tank.  If you follow it up you can see it enters near the top of the tank.

Here is what the TaG system looks like.
    https://teardrop-trailers.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/159/getting-all-the-water-out-of-the-water-tank/p1
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,701
    edited February 2022
    Thanks!  So, the water tank drain valve there only drains the water tank?  The yellow flapper valve is the cold water drain?  The hot water drain is the Alde tank drain?
    What would prevent antifreeze from getting into the Alde?

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,528
    Need a better photo taken from the front of the water tank.  
    It appears that the pickup from the fresh tank and the outlet to the pump all drain through the floor.  

Better pics, please.

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,432
    The yellow flipper valve is the Alde hot water overflow pressure relief valve, and it also will drain the hot water tank, it is shown in the open position, handle pointing up.  Looks like nothing will keep antifreeze out of the Alde tank, unless there is a valve between the cold water inlet/water tank and the Alde.

With a simple setup like this, with everything above the floor, you only need to drain the low point drains and Alde drain (yellow handle valve), and blow out any remaster with air.  Make sure to open the sink faucet when draining and again when blowing out with air.  If you have an outside shower connectionhe water ants, make sure to open that valve also.  Store the TaB with the drains open, and you should not have any issues.  You could put some antifreeze in the drains to get the outside water drain filled with antifreeze if you want.  No need to add antifreeze to the water pipes, once they are drained.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.