Options

2022 Tab 320 CS-S Dry Camp Water not working

Hey all. When turning on the water pump from within the trailer, it sounds like the pump turns on but when we attempt to use any faucets or flush the toilet there is no water.
There doesn’t appear to be any leaks from pipes. 
We did fill the fresh water while the trailer was level and would check the reader said full after waiting a couple minutes after stopping the water flow.
City water works fine. 
I have checked the filter and there was only some shavings in there that have been removed. 
I’m not totally confident how to check for an air lock. I tried sucking air out of the shower head and had received water. There was also a cap I removed near the water pump and received water from there as well. 

Not sure what other steps I can take or if I took the correct ones. Any help or advice you can provide would be amazing!!!  
2022 T@b 320CS-S Boondock
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee 
Phoenix, AZ
Instagram: adventuring_april

Comments

• Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,009
    Sounds like the 12v pump may not be priming or there is a leak at the pump.  Often times the plastic filter will crack or not be threaded on properly.  If that looks ok you may try setting the nautilus to sanitize hooking up a short section of garden hose and sucking water out of a bucket into the pump that way to get it to prime.  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    Grumpy_GGrumpy_G Member Posts: 453
    Some questions: Is this a new trailer, and have you ever had the pump working ? Does the pump run continuously ? Did you try the pump after you had city water working ?

My first guesses would be the pump is sucking air, or it pumps water but the water finds an escape route somewhere. 
  • Options
    adventuringapriladventuringapril Member Posts: 15
    This is a brand new trailer. Our first week we took it boon docking and worked perfectly no issues. On our second weekend out it did not work. So we were a bit perplexed as to why. I hear the sound of the pump running when I flip the switch on. 

I did try the pump after the city water and while the city water was on. 
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee 
    Phoenix, AZ
  • Options
    Grumpy_GGrumpy_G Member Posts: 453
    It just occurred to me that the newer t@bs have the Nautilus system. That's a wrinkle I'm not very familiar with. Just to double check, it is set to dry camping ? Do the valves feel like they are working properly ? 
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,507
    Generally, you don’t want to run the pump when the system is pressurized via city water.  It does sound like the pump can not prime.  Usually, hooking up to city water and running water/flushing to clear any air will help when you then disconnect from city water and then use the pump.  If @bergger suggestion to attempt to prime by using the “Winterize” port does not work, I would try raising the tongue as the pump inlet is in the rear of the tank.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    MickerlyMickerly Member Posts: 355
    Your nautilus trailer may work differently than my 2018. This may sound odd. Try depressurizing the the system and then turning on the pump. With the pump off and city water disconnected, open a faucet until nothing comes out. Then try the pump. This works on the older systems, as the one way valve at the pump exit sometimes gets stuck if there is any pressure in the system. Your trailer is different, but it's worth a shot.

Definitely make sure the controls are in the correct position. Move each one around an reset to the correct opposition.

If your pump is still accessible under the sink, disconnect the output hose. With a pan under the pump. Turn the pump on to make sure water gets that far. Other than the pressure switch that turns the pump off, the rest of the system shouldn't be causing a problem.
    2018 320CS-S
    "Just Enough"
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,507
    @Mickerly - the 2022 320 pump is under the driver side bench near the Nautilus.  I don’t think you can easily detach the pump inlet hose, but I hope I am wrong.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    adventuringapriladventuringapril Member Posts: 15
    Hi everyone. I knew I can count on the community for support. Thank you everyone. 
    It looks like @bergger sanitize solution worked for us. Thanks for the advice. We can’t wait for the next trip to have water again. 
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee 
    Phoenix, AZ
  • Options
    jredderjredder Member Posts: 12
    Confirming @bergger sanitize solution worked for me too. I was de-winterizing our 2021 320 and could not get the pump to prime after refilling the lines with city water. I had pressure for a short time then it ran dry. I had used the dry winterizing approach.

Thanks folks. Off to the Mojave for some boon-docking.
    2021 TAB 320S
    2021 Rav4 Prime
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,009
    Pumps are notorious for not priming.  When I winterize I often have to pour fluid into the short hose and blow it into the pump to get it primed! Glad it worked out for you.
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    bjn2bjn2 Member Posts: 86
    I couldn't get water to flow from the bathroom spray faucet and came here for ideas. It turns out the valve control outsmarted me and my wife. Nothing happened when turning the "knob" left or right, but I finally figured out that it has a lever action in addition to turning. 
    Utah-based
    2023 T@B 320 S Boondock