subkronsubkron Member Posts: 149
    2022 400 bd yes
    2022 T@B 400 Boondock
    2015 RAM 1500 Outdoorsman Quad Cab
    South Jersey
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,665
    edited March 2022
    Ok....next question for those with you in the 2022's:  does it work ok? There has been an ongoing FB discussion today with some confusion about it.   
    And thanks to everyone for responding.
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    Haven't been able to try mine yet....16 more days!!
  • Options
    GatorEggGatorEgg Member Posts: 451
    It really doesn’t matter if it does or not.  A pressure regulator is under $10 at many places.  Just pickup one, it’s cheap, smart insurance.
    2022 TAB 400 Boondock, 2019 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    2018 TAB 320 Boondock (previous)
    Odessa, Fl.  

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,502
    @pthomas745https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/14726/all-new-2022-models-include-an-inline-water-pressure-regulator

I am looking for a recent thread regarding an issue with the pressure regulator.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Got the 400 a week ago, haven't tried mine either. To be honest it is a pressure regulator, I've used them in the past without a hitch, they are pretty simple devices. My build date was Nov-2021.
    2022 T@B 400 Boondock
    South Jersey
  • Options
    @Sharon_is_SAM thanks,  I was looking for that thread and picture myself. A person on the FB page is having city water issues, water draining from under the trailer, etc.  I can't seem to convince them she should already have a water pressure regulator. All of the drains are closed, etc.  The picture will help.

I also seem to remember a post about three months ago with another new trailer.  They had very low pressure with an "extra" pressure regulator added to the water inlet. So, that is the reason for my "does it work" question.
    Just a little  more of the learning curve. 
    2017 Outback
  • Options
    Yea you wouldn't want to have the one installed inside camper working then have another one on your hose. 
  • Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,288
    Yea you wouldn't want to have the one installed inside camper working then have another one on your hose. 
    I think the regulator for LP actually cuts back the pressure by some percentage, but I'm not sure about the water. I think it only allows a specified pressure to pass. In that case the second one wouldn't hurt. It just wouldn't do anything, but could act as a backup if the first failed? Interest to hear from someone more knowledgeable.

Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,006
    AnOldUR said:
    I think the regulator for LP actually cuts back the pressure by some percentage, but I'm not sure about the water. I think it only allows a specified pressure to pass. In that case the second one wouldn't hurt. It just wouldn't do anything, but could act as a backup if the first failed? Interest to hear from someone more knowledgeable.

This was my assumption as well.  But it would be interesting to see if this was tested by someone. 
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    Any point of resistance in a plumbing line such as an elbow or even a curve is going to slow the flow down even if it the size of pipe is the same. My thought is if the flow pressure is reduced at the source (campground water supply with reducer there) then it is released into the hose at the reduced pressure, but then meets another slow down point (the built in reducer) its going to decrease the flow even if its the same pressure.  Any angle or elbow in a pipe will slow down water flow so a second pressure reducer valve will do the same. I'm not a plumber but I've seen evidence of this in some of my pond building projects.
  • Options
    I hope to hear back from the FB owner with this issue.  The good news is, many owners of earlier trailers understand the importance of the pressure regulator.  The bad news is that an owner of a new trailer unfamiliar with the new setup might get bad advice from well meaning people.
    We shall see! 
    2017 Outback
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited March 2022
    Yes, you only need one water pressure regulator in the line, and adding more units may reduce the water flow, even if the pressure is not changed significantly, due to adding more resistance to the water flow.  I carry a spare, these things do fail, and I have one with a pressure gauge so I can see the reduction.  

That said, a flow reducer and a pressure regulator are tow different devices, with the flow reducer limiting the water flow, but not necessarily the pressure.  A pressure regulator limits the water pressure to match its setting, like taking a 65 psi source and reducing the pressure to 45 psi, but water flow is not significantly reduced (although some reduction does occur).
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    So I wanted to get my eyeballs on the built in  pressure regulator.   I identified the city water inlet and I don't see anything on that or anywhere else that looks like a pressure regulator. Anyone got a pic of it on a 2022 400? I thought I saw one here somewhere but I can't find it now. 
  • Options
    My T@B is at my son's, but if you follow the line it is a white plastic device, about 3" long, I want to say about 14"-18" from the actual city inlet fitting.
    2022 T@B 400 Boondock
    South Jersey
  • Options
    kottumkottum Member Posts: 226
    On our previous campers the water pressure regulator was built into the city inlet fitting.  Just past the inlet fitting would be a separate plastic anti-reverse flow valve, which I think is required on late model campers. 

Doug K
    Douglas and Cheryl both Navy Retired
    2022 Tab 320s Boondock/2021 Honda Ridgeline BE
    Minnesota and Arizona
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,502
    @TabbyShack did you look behind the Nautilus?

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    scott14scott14 Member Posts: 132
    I took the above picture.  We have a 2022 Tab 320S.  The location on a 400 may vary, but I would assume the pressure regulator itself, may look very similar. 
    Scott / 2022 T@B 320S / 2019 T@B 400 / 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ / Northern Illinois
  • Options
    Yes I was looking behind the nautilus where the city water comes in but I don't see anything white like that or that shape. Now that I have a pic though I will go back out tomorrow and look again.  

Thanks for the pic!!
  • Options
    mgreen2mgreen2 Member Posts: 88
    We picked up our 320 this week. It does not have the water pressure regulator built in. They included one in the welcome package. The dealer, who is pretty in tune to NuCamp said they were having problems with this change so they've gone back to the old procedure of giving a regulator to be used at the campsite pedestal. I was concerned about them making it part of the plumbing because if it failed that creates a big plumbing repair job. Much prefer to attach it to the pedestal. 

• Options
    @mgreen2 Thank you very much for that clarification!
    2017 Outback
  • Options
    We have a 2022 Tab 320S.   NuCamps comments have me a little concerned.  I will have to keep an eye on the built-in pressure regular... except it may be difficult to determine when/if it fails since it is buried under the seat.  I will be interested to learn what others are doing.  
    Scott / 2022 T@B 320S / 2019 T@B 400 / 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ / Northern Illinois
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    edited March 2022
    Maybe this is why I can't find mine! I didn't make it in there today (blizzard) to look again. 

Scott you will know if it fails because the pressure blows open the yellow flappers valves and water will drain under camper. 
  • Options
    Thanks TabbyShack for the reply.  I was hoping a failure would result in no flow into the Tab.  I may want to have a backup pressure regulator we us, just in case.     
  • Options
    Well I guess it depends a bit on how it fails too. If it were to crack then I guess that would cause water to leak inside T@B. I guess we need to find out what was happening with the ones that failed. 
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    The Pex tubing used in the TaBs plumbing is rated for pressures greater than the safety pressure relief valves., so these valves will open first.  
    Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Thanks Denny16 for that information.   Knowing that the valves will let loose before the Pex tubing is some comfort.   
  • Options
    Maple_GeekMaple_Geek Member Posts: 203
    Not sure if this is correct thinking or not since I haven't used my T@B yet but I did buy an external variable water pressure regulator to be used in tandem with the one Nucamp included (assuming I have one included). I will play around with this combination to see how it behaves.
    2022 T@B 320S Boondock
    2021 Toyota RAV4 TRD Off Road
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Instagram: new.t@bventure