Options

Introducing Serenity: New 2022 Tab 320S

Flybone89Flybone89 Member Posts: 59

Hello everyone! We are RV newbies and would like to introduce our new Firefly-class ship, Serenity - a 2022 T@B 320S Boondock (a play on words that worked for this sci-fi nerd as well as my wife!)

I have been read-only on the forum since we started looking for our first trailer back in August 2021! After a lot of research and legwork, we ordered Serenity last October and finally got to take delivery to start April 2022.

She was out for a one night test run yesterday, but our official maiden voyage will be in two weeks - a couple of nights in one of Ohio’s many wonderful state parks! And let's hope I can learn to back her up by then! We look forward to our first season as trailer owners with lots of sites already booked including Myrtle Beach State Park and Fort Wilderness for Christmas (yippee!), and I hope to learn more from such a knowledgeable and passionate community.

Please indulge my newbie questions and ignorance to come!

Sláinte!

Kevin

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    edited April 2022
    Super excited you officially joined us! Bring on the questions! Some of us live on the forum hoping for a newbie question!  The red and black combo looks so good!!
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited April 2022
    Welcome aboard, your new TaB looks grand, and safe travels.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,925
    @Flybone89, welcome and congratulations on your trailer. Some answers for newbies:
    1.  Yes
    2.  Not really
    3.  I don't think so.
    4.  DON'T TOUCH THAT BUTTON!
    4. 42
    5. We'll get into that topic next time.

Happy t@bbing!

-Denise
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    Welcome from another Buckeye.  Where did you choose for your maiden camp?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! We a great first night but I indeed will have lots of questions - it really is a tiny house on wheels :-)! I will say this - that first cold beer from the fridge while relaxing in the Tab was the best beer I have had in a long time! I am reading a lot of threads on locks right now - I want to make sure she is safe since we have to use offsite storage.

@Sharon_is_SAM nice to meet a fellow Ohioan! We are going to Stonelick Park first. It’s close to home base just in case we forgot something or have any issues. In May and June we are heading to Caesar Creek, East Fork, Hocking Hills, and Maumee State Park. I think our plan is to visit as many Ohio State Parks as we can this year to sample a variety and find some favorites. Which ones do you recommend?

Kevin
  • Options
    SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 418
    If you want an easy destination to work your backing skills, I recommend Scioto Trail State Park.  The campsites are among the flattest I've ever seen.  If you're into hiking plenty of trails are there including the Buckeye trail.  One warning, the trails don't make use of switchbacks so you'll get a bit of a workout.
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    @Flybone89 - I can recommend Pymatuning SP and Punderson SP.  We have been to several others here in Ohio that aren’t terribly inspiring.  Last year we spent time in Kentucky at Big Bone Lick State Historic site - close to you, I think.  Took a distillery tour and enjoyed the old towns near the Ohio river.  Check out Facebook - I think they have a PA / OH TaB group that you may enjoy.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Jay_and_KatJay_and_Kat Member Posts: 215
    Howdy!  As long as neither of you are named "Wash," you should be good with that name!

As for backing it up, the wife and I took ours yesterday for my first ever backing up a trailer class (she's never done it either) to an empty shopping mall parking lot.  Nothing to hit for quite a ways in any direction, lines on the pavement to use for "parking" like we were at a campground.  Worked for a treat, because we got it back to our storage spot and backed it in (first time, we used a tongue dolly to work it in.)

Try just backing up straight, first, get a feel for it, don't be afraid to stop and pull forward to straighten out again, and be patient.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Jay and Kat
    Tow vehicle:  2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S + tow package
    Camper:  2022 T@B 400 Boondock w/Norcold 3-way fridge
  • Options
    RomanaRomana Member Posts: 30
    That is a sweet looking T@B! Enjoy and stay safe out there!
    Romana - 2005/6 Thor T@B T16
    Towed by 2003 Toyota Tundra Stepside
    Port Townsend, WA
  • Options
    Thanks for all the great recommendations! Of course you had at me at distillery - I’m a huge bourbon fan. I think I already bookmarked every brewery, winery and distillery on Harvest Hosts within 100 miles of the house. My wife is active on Facebook and I think she joined the OH/PA Facebook group.

Thanks also for the parking tips. There is a large church parking lot near our storage site - irony it was the same parking lot I set up cones and taught all my kids to pass the Ohio maneuverability test! I plan to use it to practice too. The master has become the student…

Kevin
  • Options
    adventuringapriladventuringapril Member Posts: 15
    Hello there Kevin! Welcome to the NuCamp Community! I am new here as well. I also appreciate the play on words for the name of your camper. I love Firefly what a cool name to go with. Good luck on your travels and like you me and my wife are also learning how to use some features. 

April
    2022 T@b 320CS-S Boondock
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee 
    Phoenix, AZ
    Instagram: adventuring_april