Options

320 trim cracks

Looked at a used 320 boondock today and it has a couple of cracks in the plastic trim. I realize that this is a commonly reported problem and it is purely cosmetic. What I'm wondering is - are more cracks likely to develop if a couple are already present or is it totally unpredictable? 
Former T@B 400 owner, now thinking about a 320. 2019 Honda Ridgeline.

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    The trim on my 2015 cracked in one place during its second or third winter. No new cracks have developed since then.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    DonaDona Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2022
    I just inspected ours and found SIX cracks, 3 on each side!  It’s been under cover since last summer and protected from sun and wind.  We rarely take it out, and have been in campgrounds when we did.  (i.e., not the gnarly roads I’ve been hoping for).  This is really a drag, however, I’m thinking that after breaking in 6 places all the pressure is off and it must’ve been meant to be a 6-part trim piece. :o
    Dona & Ben / 2019 T@B 400, no solar, 2008 Tundra / Boise
  • Options
    db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    Our 2015 hasn't done this yet (bangs head on closest piece of wood),  but I wonder if some of the T@bs have come from the factory with them overtightened.  When I first heard about this problem, I removed ours and slathered 303 protectant inside and out.  When reinstalling I was careful to just snug the screws up til they held.  The holes in the trim are oversize for expansion and contraction.  We don't have extremes of temp normally, but I continue to put 303 on there each season.  
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra