Options

NOCO Genius 10 users, question.

I am I correct to assume that you just put the clamps on the battery and choose your setting or is there more to it?
2022 T@B 320 S Boondock  "UGA", Jeep Gladiator Overland
North Georgia

Comments

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,659
    That is the easiest way.  The biggest downside to the NOCO's is all their "proprietary" cables that make using the SAE port on some of our trailers difficult to use.
    Put the clamps on the battery before plugging in the NOCO.

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    CCCCCC Member Posts: 116
    What is an SAE port? If I'm just clamping the charger's clamps to the battery terminals is that something to be concerned with?
    North Georgia
  • Options
    dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 587
    Yep, that's about it. There are step by step instructions. Attach the cables to the battery. Then plug into outlet. The first time use you'll then select the type of battery you have for proper charging profile.

If you want to use the side port on the tub rather than taking off the battery lid and using clamps, this is what you need:
    This adapter plugs into the tub side port: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GPGPTFV?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

This is the Noco adapter, attach is to the Noco cord and then plug into the above adapter: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005DUMADC?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

It's so much easier! Thanks to folks here, I learned what I needed and made the change this year. 
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    edited April 2022
    To add on to @dsfdogs, in my case, the 2019 Tab 320 didn’t come with a solar port, so I wired an SAE pigtail to the 320’s battery and usually leave the NOCO to SAE cable adapter attached either to the pigtail or the Genius 10. Easy enough to access, much more convenient than accessing the battery and dealing with clamps. The adapter is also easy to remove, I’m generally against proprietary cables, but I love NOCO’s connectors. The connections between their cables are solid and they have easy to use “locks” to keep them that way.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    It was said that the SAE connector is on the side of the tongue box. I do not have one that I can find. Any pics?
    North Georgia
  • Options
    SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 419
    Our 2019 CSS didn't come with an SAE connector.  We connect the NOCO similar to what @VictoriaP describes. 
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    @CCC There *should be a port, usually on the driver’s side of the battery/propane tub. From the outside, it’s a black plastic outlet with a cap. Inside the tub, you should see wires leading from the battery to the sidewall of the tub, connected to the rear of the port.

*should be, but mid year model changes are not infrequent, and there have been comments that the location of the port was interfering with positioning bins on the platform. Plus, ongoing supply chain issues affect everything nowadays. They may have moved or eliminated it. If so, adding a pigtail is a ten minute job max even for the non engineering type (like me), adding your own port isn’t much harder except for drilling the hole in the tub (I need more tools or this would be done already).
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,659
    SAE port photo.  You will also see this mentioned as a "Zamp" port.....but it is just an ordinary SAE port.
    This is the type of "pigtail" VictoriaP describes.  There are many different kinds of "connectors" like this. 

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    Here is a picture.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Here is a picture.
    Thanks. Yeah that is absent on mine. Think I'll try the clamp method for now.
    North Georgia