Options

Wheel Chair transport.

We have a 2015 T@B 320 that we love to camp in and is in like new condition. We recently came to need a wheel chair for my wife to use. Our TV is a 2016 Toyota 4 Runner. I would like to know if anyone has developed a way to carry a folding wheel chair. Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Does your enquiry include a ramp into and out of the T@B - or just an efficient way to store the wheelchair in your tow vehicle?
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    TabbieannecamperTabbieannecamper Member Posts: 32
    Thanks for asking Tabaz, I was inquiring to see if anyone has figured out a mount on a TV with their T@B connected?
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,498
    What is the weight?  Have you considered moving the tongue box forward and having a mount fabricated to rest on the frame?  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    A few photos of it folded with dimensions might give others some ideas for you to consider.  Perhaps it could fit in a particular model of bike rack mounted to the front frame? 
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    CrabTabCrabTab Member Posts: 457
    @Tabbieannecamper are you able to lift the folded chair into your T@B for transport?

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    One thing to consider is whether or not a smaller “transport” chair is a viable option. We had one for my husband during the latter portion of his terminal illness, and it was hugely helpful in part because its lighter weight and smaller size meant it easily fit into just about any car. I have physical limitations of my own and was still able to lift it into and out of an SUV. Once my husband passed on, it went to a family who needed it as a second chair, precisely because outings with the regular chair were too difficult.

The disadvantage of a transport chair is that it’s designed only to be pushed, and not propelled by the user’s arms. They have four small wheels, no big ones. Many people find they can still propel themselves by “walking” their feet, but that obviously depends on their condition.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW