Options

Water gets warm but not hot

2»

Comments

• Options
    aphillipsaphillips Member Posts: 28
    We took our 2022 400 BD out for the first time this week. Definitely need more hot water, but can't get the mixing value with to turn counter clockwise. The red cap doesn't work at all and we started to damage the soft brass hex top with a socket set. Any ideas? Should it be that hard to turn? 
    2022 Tab 400 Boondock
  • Options
    geoBgeoB Member Posts: 67
    That's similar to my experience. Counterclockwise was snug and I didn't want to force it. Last year we had hot water; I had not fiddled with the mixing valve until this year's lack of hot water. I experimented with the valve - marked it with a Sharpie and found it went clockwise very easily. But I quit after 4 complete turns - that just seemed to be unreasonable. Plus, "hot" water was colder when tested. Put the valve back to snug ccw. The trailer is back at the dealer's for extended warranty service.
    Glad I got the extended warranty. As far as I can tell, there is no easy way for an end user to get any Alde parts. (I was used to doing all house repairs on our Roadtrek.)
    2018 Audi SQ5 + 2021 T@B 400 BD replaces '99 Roadtrek 190 Popular (same mpg with half the range)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    edited May 2022
    Your mixer valve might be damaged like mine was. That was the first repair I had to make when I got my new 400 home.  (VERY easy to switch it if need be with a replacement part from NuCamp) Someone at the factory had tightened it with a power tool and it is MOST CERTAINLY NOT designed to be tighted by anything other than the red cap...which if not already damaged with a power tool, is very easy to turn by hand. 

The good news is, it was so simple to switch out you could have instructed a 6 year old how to do it, so don't worry if you need to replace yours. Get a replacement from your dealer and it literally pops out in seconds.  There are instructions on how to switch it in one of the below posts. 

It doesn't turn much though counterclockwise. I will find my other post which shows what it should look like when fully counterclockwise.

BTW, the pics of my original valve show the damage that I found when I took the red cap off. The hex head was already stripped before I even touched it.

Here is one post, but there is another one where I posted two pics of it fully counter clockwise and fully clockwise. I will add the link when I find it: 

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/14924/2022-tab-400-mixer-valve#latest

This link shows the maxed out positions:
    https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/12718/new-thermostatic-mixing-valve

• Options
    aphillipsaphillips Member Posts: 28
    Thanks @TabbyShack and @geoB! We called the dealer and have a replacement part on the way.

2022 Tab 400 Boondock