Options

12 volt not working

2007 DM T@B. 12 volt doesn't work when on battery only. Battery is fully charged. (checked with voltmeter) Replaced converter two years ago. Just replaced "shortstop". 12 volt works when connected to shore power so converter should be okay. Replaced 30 A battery fuse.Where do I go from here? Thanks!!

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,421
    edited May 2022
    There may be several "battery fuses"--typically one at the battery itself, and one in the 12V fuse block in the power center. There may also be a "reverse polarity protection" fuse in the 12V fuse block.

In addition, I think some Dutchman T@Bs may have also had a circuit breaker thingy on the battery line.

All of these things will need to be functional for battery juice to make it to the power center.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,642
    I think...this is the same person trying to figure this issue out on the FB pages today.  It seems like all the "usual suspects" as far as fuses and shortstops and wiring have been checked and doublechecked.

Where else would an owner look for a ground wire that might be loose, or a problem with the converter, etc?  How would you check the status of a shortstop fuse?  Seems like we need an electrical guru for this problem.
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    Guess you saw this in the Owners Manual section:

Dutchman (DM) T@B Fuse between the battery and converter

The DM T@B's do not have a fuse right at the battery like the nüCamp T@B's. This "shortstop" 30Amp fuse is screwed into the tongue. Trace the red (positive) lead from the battery and you will find it. The fuse can be found at various auto parts stores. 

Symptoms will be a fully charged battery, but the lights and other 12V accessories won't work on your T@B battery. Replace this fuse and it should work, unless there are other problems, too. 

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    JhillJhill Member Posts: 3
    Thanks folks.  Yeah, replaced the shortstop. Replaced the 30amp fuse at the converter.  Converter and battery are two years old.  checked all wiring.  Today multimeter on all connections from battery on.