Options

How many gallons of Glycol for a 400 complete flush and fill??

Hi, i know this is answered in the other glycol threads but they are so long and after scanning quickly I didn't find it. 

So far I have seen 3-4 gallons but kind of wanting a bit more confirmation on that.  Can anyone say its 3 or its 4 not 3-4? 

Comments

• Options
    SweetlyHomeSweetlyHome Member Posts: 336
    I recently went through this process using a dealer.  There were some issues so I contacted Nucamp.  Although not a real firm reply they agreed on it holding 4 but recommend having 5 on hand when doing a change.  I assume that allows for losing some assuring a full fill and getting all the air out.
    Jupiter, Florida~T@B 400, with 2018 Toyota 4Runner

• Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,012
    edited May 2022
    I think people say 3-4 because it is typically about 3.5 gallons to fill it.  I know @Dutch061 recently did his switch to Rhomar and said it took about 3.5 gallons.  That left him an extra 1/2 gallon to top off as needed. d Each trailer may be slightly different, not by much, depending on if the glycol tubes are cut slightly longer or shorter in one trailer vs another.  I also know the newer trailers have bleeder valves connected on extension tubes that are 10-12" long where as older trailers don't have these.  This stuff can account for different amounts needed.  So 3-4 gallons is probably about as accurate as I would go with.  Plan on 4 and you should be just fine with some extra to spare.  I will be switching mine out soon and ended up buying 5 gallons just because I found it for such a cheap price, $26 a gallon.  I'll have extra in case of a spill or to us to top off for the next few years.  It may be another week or two before I do mine but then I can tell you how much mine took.  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    Out TaB400 (without the Flo unit) took around 3+ gallons for a flush and fill.  The Flow inmthe newer TaBs is going to take at least 1/2 more, i
    so I would figure on 4 gal, which will give you a bit to top off with, which you will need.  I used around a quart more adding a bit after more air bubbles were dissipated. 
    Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.