Options

Sink and shower

My hot water at my sink isn’t putting out the same pressure and flow as the cold anymone had this or is this normal 

Comments

• Options
    Do you have a 400? Mine does the same thing and also my three friends who also have 400's, so I would say yes, normal....unfortunately. Mine never had the same pressure from day one. Same with at least two of my three fellow T@B owners. 
  • Options
    BinghiBinghi Member Posts: 275
    The hot water pressure in my tab 400 is not as great as the cold water. Don’t know why.
    2021 400 BD / 2016 VW Touareg / Austin, TX
  • Options
    hikerchickhikerchick Member Posts: 31
    Yes it’s a 400. I’ve read where people are replacing them I guess that’s why.
  • Options
    What is the "replacing them" referring too? I don't think there is anything you can do about the hot water pressure. We believe it's the result of the hot water having to travel through the Alde and the extra water lines.  It might also be because lower pressure keeps you from running out of hot water too quickly. Many of us have found maxing out the hot water mixing valve balances out the lower pressure....the hotter the water the less you need.  
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,432
    edited May 2022
    I believe, the hot water mixing valve coming out of the Alde also reduces the hot water side pressure a bit, hot water pressure outmofmthenA
    de should be the same as the cold water driving it through the tank.  The hot water then goes to the mixing valve to get remixed with cold water to prevent scalding.  

The pressure coming out of the mixing valve is the final pressure at a hot water tap.  Unless flow is restricted in the hot water plumbing by a regulator, the pressure out of a hot water tank is normally the same,as the cold water pressure going in.  The input pressure drives the output pressure.  Add longer pipe runs on the hot water side, may increase the resistance in the pipes a bit, but not that it would be noticeable in a small space like the TaB.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,517
    I think @hikerchick was referring to replacing the 400 folding sink.  
    @hikerchick - there have been issues with the folding sink not draining well.  That is one reason why owners are removing the sink or replacing it.

The limited hot water pressure also occurs in the 320.  I agree that adjusting the mixing valve to maximum hot allows you to add in more cold water at the faucet to enhance the hot water output flow.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    hikerchickhikerchick Member Posts: 31