Options

Shower curtains, can you just buy a normal one?

Jay_and_KatJay_and_Kat Member Posts: 218
@TabbyShack's discussion about their curtain just being fabric and letting the water through got me thinking.  Do you HAVE to use a nuCamp shower curtain?  Could we not just go to the local store and pick up a "generic" curtain to use?

If nothing else, like TabbyShack, I'd like to avoid water outside the bath...

(2022 T@B 400 Boondock)
----------------------------------------------------------
Jay and Kat
Tow vehicle:  2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S + tow package
Camper:  2022 T@B 400 Boondock w/Norcold 3-way fridge

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    I do not see why not, just check the length (minimum and maximum) to insure a good fit, and curtain is below door frame, but off the shower pan.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    edited May 2022
    I have been unable to find anything close to what would fit length wise and also with the hangers like we have in our T@B.  It seems to be a very specialized curtain.  I kept the little piece of paper that fell out of the package when I opened it. It has the company name and the size, etc.  I will get a pic of it and post here.  I was planning to contact them about a waterproof version but don't think of it again until my door is all wet and dripping on the floor!
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,512
    @TabbyShack - is it possible you received the wrong curtain?  I don’t remember hearing anyone else with a curtain that did not protect the inside of the bathroom.  Did you contact warranty about it?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    edited May 2022
    Hum.....I didn't think of that! I will send an email to NuCamp.  Maybe it's another supply issue and they didn't realize the replacement isn't water proof. 
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,512
    I was thinking maybe a non-waterproof curtain got mixed in with their supply.  I like fabric shower curtains.  I believe they are made of polyester - so easy to throw them in the wash.  Anyway, let us know what they say🤞
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Here is a pic of the size at least so you know what to look for.  I can't get it to post upright after taking it landscape and portrait. Sorry. 

• Options
    Jay_and_KatJay_and_Kat Member Posts: 218
    I will say that the size of the curtain you've got, complicates just buying a curtain somewhere...
    The width is the big problem, all the ones I've found so far are 72", so you'd have to "double-up" two curtains.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Jay and Kat
    Tow vehicle:  2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S + tow package
    Camper:  2022 T@B 400 Boondock w/Norcold 3-way fridge