Options

Overheat Red Fail error message from Alde

Just out of the blue the Alde is giving this error message.

Have read several of the discussions here about this, and one of the first things mentioned is to disconnect the 12v power supply for 10 minutes or so. However, I can't find this circuit board.

The following link shows a photo of this unit, but this photo does not resemble the Alde compartment in our 2021 T@B 320s at all:

and we cannot find any remotely similar circuit board to disconnect the 12v power cord from. Does anybody know where this board can be found on our model camper?

Would simply disconnecting the 12v battery from the camper electrical system accomplish the same thing? Would the shore power need to be disconnected at the same time as well?

If the electrical disconnect does not work, is the next step to lower the tongue of the camper (to raise the back end) for air bubbles to rise and then be vented?

Thanks in advance,

Comments

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,678
    NuCamp likes to make things very difficult with some of their videos.  What the Alde needs to reset the panel is to just "reset the 12V" for the trailer.
    The easiest way to do this is to: unplug the trailer, if you are on shore power.  Turn off the battery switch.  Wait a few minutes.  Turn the switch back on.  Test the control panel. The error message will clear in over 90 percent of cases. 
    The Alde throws errors like a little league team!
    If the error persists, then yes, it is time to look for the "air in the glycol" problem.
    Here is a thread that goes through the "reset" procedure, both with the "take the trailer apart to get to the Alde wiring" method, and the "just turn off the battery switch for a few minutes" method.

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,512
    I would add, turn off the Alde control panel first. 
    Also, go under the driver side bed/bench and locate the Alde.  There is a plastic lid that lifts up to expose the 12V cable.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    PonziPonzi Member Posts: 26
    Thanks to  pthomas and sharon. I did locate the panel cover on the Alde, and also the power cable there.
    first,  I did turn off the battery connection earlier, but only left power off for about 2 minutes.This did not work to correct the error message. When I located the 12v power cable on the Alde and pulled it, I left it off for 15 minutes. This did the trick and the error message was gone.

So the short of it is -- don't just leave the power off for just a couple minutes, wait a full 15 minutes to be sure.

• Options
    Michael_GodshallMichael_Godshall Member Posts: 21
    I experienced the same thing. 2022 Tab320   I lowered the front of the camper, turned the battery switch off, waited 10 seconds turned switch back on.  Error went away.   If you are connected to shore power disconnect that also. 
    Michael Godshall
    Holland PA
    2022 T@B 320S Boondock
    TV: 2018 F150
  • Options
    MarkAlMarkAl Member Posts: 459
    edited November 2023
    The past few trips I've begun getting this Propane error code (I didn't think it was overheat but maybe).  I've always been able to continue for many hours or the trip by just allowing the system to cool down a bit and turn OFF the Alde for 10-15 minutes it rarely triggers immediately again. Since I know I have plenty of Propane, and glycol in the reservoir, I haven't bothered to raise/lower the trailer to fix it. I've assumed it is air in the glycol lines that is on the threshold of being a real problem. It could be an intermittent issue, but the randomness (not heat, temp setting or time) would lead me to believe it is not a circuit problem. Thoughts from the pros? I haven't looked for the bleed valves yet, I assume my Alde mounted bleed is functional but other than being stuck open (and dumping fluid) I'm not sure how to check it. I have played with the pump setting last year but don't remember where the setting ended up, I doubt it's much higher than 3.

Other threads seem to indicate this error can be caused by many potential problems - I don't want trailer techs diagnosing this as it sounds very expensive.
    Snohomish WA, 2015 Diesel Grand Cherokee
    Sm@ll World: 2021 320S Boondock, 6V Pb-acid
    Shunt, Roof & Remote solar & 30A DC-DC Chargers
    managed by VE Smart Network
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,010
    Checking for air in the lines, an air lock, is quite simple.  Simply turn on the Alde and either turn the heat on or just set the pump to "cont" in the Alde settings.  If the glycol in the reservoir chugs vigorously then you do not have an air lock.  If it does not move or moves very sluggishly then you have air in the lines.

I have a 400 and not a 320 so I am not familiar with the number and locations of the manual bleeder valves.  You will have a few of these in addition to the auto bleeder that is located right at the Alde unit.  It's a good idea to locate all the manual bleeders on your trailer just for general knowledge and in case you ever have to bleed the air out.  The only time I've had to do it is when I changed out my glycol.  But it is easy to do.  With the glycol pump running you simply open the valve slightly until the air escapes and fluid comes out.  

This error can be caused by the Alde having an air block in the lines so I would do a quick check on that issue.  It seems that it can also be caused by something on the 12v side.  Here is another discussion that covers the 12v issue and a fix for that.

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/11818/alde-red-alert-warning-for-nucamp-tab-s-320-resolved
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    MarkAlMarkAl Member Posts: 459
    @bergger thanks, confirms what I was thinking. I'll go sleuthing for the vent lines and check my pump isn't running too fast. 
    Snohomish WA, 2015 Diesel Grand Cherokee
    Sm@ll World: 2021 320S Boondock, 6V Pb-acid
    Shunt, Roof & Remote solar & 30A DC-DC Chargers
    managed by VE Smart Network
  • Options
    WayneWWayneW Member Posts: 189
    edited November 2023
    The bleeder tube in the 2021 320S is behind a triangular cutout in the rear driver’s side. I think there is only one. I don’t know how to include a link but search the following discussion. It describes it and has photos. 

2021 320S BD
    2006 F-150
    Coeur d'Alene, Idaho