Options

T@B Tent Attachment

Anyone purchase the $795 attachable tent?  What do you do to protect the floor from pokes and holes from sticks and stones?
Jim, Kelseyville CA, 2013 T@B "Q", T@BCASA, Silver W/Yellow trim, TV: 2006 Honda Ridgeline 

Comments

• Options
    JimboJimbo Member Posts: 118
    Thanks Sandra - wouldn't a rug/blanket under the tent floor do more to protect the tent flooring?
    Jim, Kelseyville CA, 2013 T@B "Q", T@BCASA, Silver W/Yellow trim, TV: 2006 Honda Ridgeline 
  • Options
    jdargisjdargis Member Posts: 305
    Wouldn't you just put a tent ground cloth below, like you do when your normally camping in a tent.  Also, like tent camping, make sure your ground cloth is smaller than the tent, that way water running down the sides, won't pool below your tent.
  • Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    I put my mat on top of the floor. I've never had issues with rocks damaging the floor of the Thermarest
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    jdargis said:
    Wouldn't you just put a tent ground cloth below, like you do when your normally camping in a tent.  Also, like tent camping, make sure your ground cloth is smaller than the tent, that way water running down the sides, won't pool below your tent.
    Paha Que sells both a footprint for below as well as a rug for inside if you are interested.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Hans111Hans111 Member Posts: 47
    I ordered the footprint from Paha Que. It seemed pricey but when it came I understood--it's not the typical plastic dropcloth, it's actually sewn out of heavy nylon, sized specifically for the T@B tent.
    Doug
    Des Moines Iowa
    2016 S Max Sofitel
  • Options
    CorbinpiloCorbinpilo Member Posts: 21
    Didn't know about the footprint from Paha Que so we purchased two plastic tarps for under the tent room and an outdoor mat for inside. We've used the tent room during our two trips so far for 11 nights and have enjoyed it. 
    Chris & Gina 
    2015 T@B S Max Sofitel 
  • Options
    USWildflowersUSWildflowers Member Posts: 177
    If the ground looks like it could potentially damage the floor, I put one of those plastic RV rugs under the tent.
    gerry - Flintstone, GA - 2015 T@B S - 2012 Toyota Highlander