Options

Dometic air

My air keeps cutting on and off anyone had this problem? What should my settings be?

Comments

• Options
    cafyrmancafyrman Member Posts: 25
    I had that issue when one of my vents was pointed directly at the thermostat.  As soon as cool air started coming out, the thermostat would sense the cooler temp and shut down.
    2018 T@B 400
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited July 2022
    I am assuming you have a DometicCoolCat AC.  You can also change the fan from Auto to continuous fan mode, so only the compressor will cycle as needed.  This helps to distribute the cold air better between cycles.  In a hot temp situation, I think continuous fan works better than Auto fan mode.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    hikerchickhikerchick Member Posts: 31
    I have it on low fan and set to 80 degrees and it doesn’t stop I am cold 
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,596
    My air keeps cutting on and off anyone had this problem?  . . .
    TaB Model?   TaB Year?    A/C type/brand?

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    I called the dealership they said to take it off auto and this seemed to work. But now I’m home and left the air on so I could clean it and now I have it on 78 but it doesn’t seem to want to stop running. My Tab is 400 2022. 
  • Options
    I was told I should leave the windows in the middle slot that it should be vented is this true maybe this is my problem.?
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    The CoolCat AC recirculates the air in the TaB.  If you are camping, you need a source of fresh air and exhaust the CO2 you exhale.  I leave either the front window or rear window in vent mode and slightly open the roof vent.  This insures you get rid of old stale air and have some fresh air added to,the trailer.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.