Options

Tab 400 2022 vents and mosquitoes screen

Hello,
1) Can you tell me what these two outputs are for? see pictures.

2) Have you installed mosquito nets at these 3 vents?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 988
    The first photo shows the vent for the Alde boiler system (heat/hot water). It exhausts the hot air and intakes the cold fresh air.  The second two pictures are vents for the battery compartment that is under the bed. 
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    TaboyTaboy Member Posts: 13
    thanks bergger. Do we have to install some kind of screen to avoid bugs net?
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited July 2022
    No and yes.  The battery Vent should already have a screen under it over the hole in the TaB side.  If you live where wasps and mud dabblers are an issue, you can add a stainless steel screen box made especially to go over the Alde heat exhaust vent.  If the battery vent is not screened, it would be easy enough to pull the vent cap off, and put some fiberglass screen material cut to fit under the vent cover, so the screen is sandwiched between the TaB wall and the vent cover.

Here is the Camco Flying Insect Screen 4.5x4.5 inches thst fits over the Alde vent 

Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 988
    @Denny16 did you attach the Alde screen with just caulking?  I recently purchased the screen but have not installed it yet.  We don't have an issue with wasps here but I figure I may as well cover it to be safe while traveling. 
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited July 2022
    The vent includes two small springs that hold the screen in place, no caulking is required, as the screen sits over the Alde vent.  That said, mine was a very tight fit, so I did not use the springs, just snapped in on over the vent base plate.  I believe Patrick from Travels with Delany did a video on installing the vent cover on his TaB400 using the springs.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    HackjazHackjaz Member Posts: 6
    We have not picked our new TAB up yet, but our dealer recommended adding a bug screen to the Alde vent when we do. He said that they charge $300 to take the Alde system apart to clean out any bugs/wasp nest & the screen is a cheap piece of insurance. Not sure what the one they'll send us with looks like yet.
    2022 TAB 400 BD, 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500, Iowa
  • Options
    maxwellllllmaxwellllll Member Posts: 15
    I can't seem to find anything in these forums with bug-proofing suggestions for the large A/C exhaust vent on our 400.  We've got the snap-on that came with it, but I'm quite confident that our flying friends are going to be able to squeeze through the substantial openings provided by the snap-on cover.  
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489