Options

TaB Pre-departure Check List

Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
edited July 2022 in Camping & Travel
We are getting ready for one of our longer summer tips in the TaB, and I have taken the TaB Departure Check List, and broken it down into three lists, categorized by 3-Days prior to departure, 2-days and Departure Day.  

This way things that can be done in advance, like sanitize water tank are done before the last minute, pack non perishable food stuff, camping equipment etc on 3-days out.  2-days out cool down the fridge, clean and pack clothes, etc in TaB, drain holding tanks and flush, fill water tank are done.  

Then day of departure, last minute items, like securing inside of TaB for sea conditions, window screens and blinds are open, windows and door is locked, trailer hook up, etc. are set prior to departure.
Cheers 
2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I actually use lists on the Microsoft To Do app and schedule due dates. I can easily space the work out over a couple of weeks. I love the confidence of knowing I have done everything and the lack of stress from trying to do everything at once.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Nice, I used the iNotes app on the iPad, which them organized it by its due date, and has a check off feature.
     Cheers 
  • Options
    MickerlyMickerly Member Posts: 355
    Denny16, I like the idea of the "days before the trip" list. This is not going to work for you, but I have a checklist and an expanded checklist so my wife and son (35) can use the trailer without any fears. Files attached. Let me know how the projects works out.
    2018 320CS-S
    "Just Enough"
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Both are very nice Mickerly, your check list is very similar to mine. I just broke it down into a 3-day pre-departure list, so,I,wouldn’t forget to,pack,what I needed and not have a lot to do on the day we leave.  This upcoming trip is our annual trek to run model live steam trains, and is five days long.  The TaB has been sitting since last summer snd needed a good prep before departure.  Next trip,will be much easier, as annual check items like testing alarms, preparing water tanks, packing up train equipment we use only once a year, etc. will be done.  
    Cheers