Options

Outdoor Shower Tent

RjPjrRjPjr Member Posts: 5
edited January 2023 in Tips & Tricks
Newbie here in CO with a TaB 320u! 
A question for the group…..has any one incorporated an outdoor tent for the outdoor door shower? Looking not to block the window if at all possible. 
Any images of your installation would be helpful. 
I’m a processor with solutions in mind. 
Rj

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    I recently saw a UTube Program on RV inventions, one was a potty with a tent that you wore on your head like a big sun had, with sides that come down to the ground.  You could shower inside this rig? 
    Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    xdrxdr Member Posts: 261
    How funny! We watched the same one too and it cracked us up! Can’t you  just see a scenario where you need to get up quickly and run and here you are with a bathroom stuck on your head??!!! 🤣🤣🤣
    2021 T@b 400 BDL, 2020 Ram Rebel 1500  
    One man, one woman, two small dogs and a sense of humor.
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    RjPjr said:
    Newbie here in CO with a TaB 320u! 
    A question for the group…..has any one incorporated an outdoor tent for the outdoor door shower? Looking not to block the window if at all possible. 
    Any images of your installation would be helpful. 
    I’m a processor with solutions in mind. 
    Rj
    I haven’t used the outdoor shower as such but I do have a Trekker privy tent that I have used as both a shower and privy area.  I’m guessing that this would work for intents. Amazon sells these from various manufacturers. 👍🏻

GigaTent Portable Pop Up Pod Dressing/Changing Room + Carrying Bag https://a.co/d/2R2qZjC
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 419
    We also have the GigaTent.  We are short enough that the inside shower works well and the GigaTent isn't used often.  However, the GigaTent offers more vertical clearance and the shower water doesn't fill the gray water tank.  The biggest challenge with the GigaTent is manipulating it so it stores correctly.  With practice it's not hard to master. Also, we recommend getting a mat or platform for inside the tent; otherwise, you'll be standing in mud after a couple of showers.
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH
  • Options
    FreespiritFreespirit Member Posts: 131
    We use the LightSpeed 3-in-1 Privacy Tent. While a little pricey, after trying a couple different options we found this to be the best option for us. Wide/tall enough so you do not feel cramped and a built in floor and room to get a really good outdoor shower. 
    2020 TAB 320 U
    TV 2022 Highlander
  • Options
    TravelPodTravelPod Member Posts: 14
    We have used a portable pop up shelter as well like Michigan_Mike.  Like the Slackers mentioned, need to stand on a platform as dirt/mud splashes back up.  We also found it difficult to keep the water temperature consistent when using the outdoor shower.
    2022 Tab 320 Boondock
    2011 Toyota Sienna
  • Options
    RjPjrRjPjr Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for all of the comments. What your doing so are we just looking to make it better. 
    A platform is onboard and comes very handy. 
    Im really not to worried about the temperature control as this shower.  It is just a feel better cleanup for my wife when out for a week boon-docking. 
    Once I get this project engineered and installed I will post pictures that will blow stand alone showers away….stand by all you fellow T@B’ers
    ✌🏻from CO
  • Options
    johnfconwayjohnfconway Member Posts: 291
    Our 2020 400 BD outdoor shower would come into a tent fairly low. Has anyone found a pop-up privacy tent with a window about 3' up from the floor? Even the ones mentioning "RV" have window way up by the top. Thank you!
    2020 T@B 400 BDL towed with 2019 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X  Silver City, NM
  • Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,277
    Posted this in another thread wondering if it could be adapted to our T@B's?

Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler