Options

LP Safety Shutoff Valve Replacement

My 2021 Tab 320 CSS has a faulty LP Safety Shutoff Valve (the one mounted under the TaB base/floor where it connects to the clam shell stove). Did all the trouble shooting.  LP gas is working at the auxiliary port (where BBQ grill connects), battery fully charged.  The stove is not getting LP gas.  Checked the shut off valve and it was warm to the touch, possible short, so I disconnected the plug to the unit.  Spoke with a TaB technician and have ordered the replacement safety shutoff valve.
Has anyone replaced one of these?  Any advice is appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 419
    Don't forget the battery switch needs to be turned on.
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,604
    @jeff57;  If not too much trouble could you provide a Picture of the Safety Valve you are referencing.

Your troubleshooting sounds complete so this request is for my education.

Since on (my) 320S there is the Propane Tank, a Pressure Regulator, and as far as I know no additional cut-off valves excluding the ones inside different brand name appliances.

=-=
       As for replacement tricks . . . I cannot even get water connections not to leak the first
       two/three/four attempts so I rarely try 'gas' lines without lots of praying & soapy water handy ;)
    =-=
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,530
    Is it the solenoid that cuts off gas flow when the hatch closes?  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 941
    edited August 2022
    There have been many similar malfunctions reported on the T@G forum and on the DM T@Bs that were caused by a faulty switch on the hatch.  Make sure there is power at the solenoid connection when the hatch is open and not when you close it.  Those valves are pretty reliable in general.  I suspect the switch...