Options

Water Dripping from Alde Drain

See message I sent to tech support. Any thoughts from the forum?

We are on an extended road trip without water hookups so relying on fresh water tank and pump. Had a problem with the drain valve (yellow flapper valve) releasing every time the pump shut off. Replaced the drain valve and that seems to.have resolved that issue. I do notice, however, that we have water dripping from that drain tube under the trailer when using the pump. Is that normal? We will be on the road a couple of months so need peace of mind. Thanks- Dennis

2015 320 Max Q
Dennis and Mary Jo
North Carolina
2015 T@b Max Q

Comments

• Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 997
    If your still talking about the yellow flapper valves ours will do that on rare occasion. Sometimes they don’t seat properly and I just have to flip it again or in the other direction and it seals. Ours did it just last week while camping. 
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    Check to make sure there is no debris under the yellow flip valve.  As @bergger said, it needs to seat properly and pretty flush to the floor.  You can also briefly push the valve flat to the floor to see if it releases water.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    norwoodnorwood Member Posts: 63
    Thanks @bergger- that is the recommendation from Creed also. I’ll give that a try.
    Dennis and Mary Jo
    North Carolina
    2015 T@b Max Q

• Options
    Tried resetting the yellow flapper valve & checked for debris but no change. We are near a dealer so will have their tech look at it tomorrow. Creed suggested we may had gotten a bad new valve. Fingers crossed.
    Dennis and Mary Jo
    North Carolina
    2015 T@b Max Q

• Options
    It is an easy fix if that is the problem.
  • Options
    Yes, that would be an easy fix. Unfortunately, dealer installed a new valve and didn’t solve the problem. Tech thinks water may be getting too hot and creating too much pressure. No big deal, he says, we will adjust the mixing valve-but wait, there is no mixing valve visible! (Emoji of tech scratching his head). Still no resolution. 
    Dennis and Mary Jo
    North Carolina
    2015 T@b Max Q

• Options
    Correct, it wasn’t until the late 2015 model year that the mixing valve was installed.  I believe @ScottG has a 2015 sans mixer.
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,421
    That is correct. I don't know when they were added, but my 2015 (built Dec. 2014) does not have a mixing valve.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    @ScottG, our T@bs may have been on the line at the same time- we are a Dec. 2014 build also. Have you had any issues as our current? Is there any reason to add a mixing valve?
    Dennis and Mary Jo
    North Carolina
    2015 T@b Max Q

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,421
    edited August 2022
    @norwood, I've never felt the need for a mixing valve. After all, don't the fixtures already have "mixing valves" in the form of faucets?  ;-)
    I suspect the mixing valves were added as a safety feature since hot water can come from the Alde at >150F. If you don't have a mixing valve, you do need to be careful when you use the hot water.
    The only other issues I've encountered in eight seasons are the screen door strings breaking, and some mild corrosion on the stubs of the Alde convectors. There are lengthy discussions here about both topics if you are interested.
    2015 T@B S