Options

Renogy 2000W Inverter Install in T@B 320S

13»

Comments

• Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,291
    @Yoshi_TAB I used a 1-1/4" hole saw. It was not difficult since the flooring materials are not hard. All together, it's less than 1-1/2" thick. Where I drilled the hole came out above the splash pan under the trailer so the wires are somewhat protected. Even so, I used wire loom the entire length.

Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    Yoshi_TABYoshi_TAB Member Posts: 381
    AnOldUR said:
    @Yoshi_TAB I used a 1-1/4" hole saw. It was not difficult since the flooring materials are not hard. All together, it's less than 1-1/2" thick. Where I drilled the hole came out above the splash pan under the trailer so the wires are somewhat protected. Even so, I used wire loom the entire length.

Does the circle in the picture I posted show the spot where you drilled?  Did you remove the splash pan under the trailer to see better?  Obviously , I'm looking for the spot not to hit a tank or other wires.

Thank you

2021 TAB 320 BD
    2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Southern Maryland
  • Options
    @Yoshi_TAB yes, your circle is the location where I drilled. And yes again, I had to remove the splash pan for access to where the wires came out. I first drilled a 1/16" hole and stuck a thin wire through to check that the location was safe and workable.
    Stockton, New Jersey

• Options
    Hi @AnOldUR,

Thank you for the info.  Any chance your TAB is nearby and you can measure the distance of the two arrows?

I removed the splash pan brackets, but the one part of the frame is keeping the splash guard from lowering just enough to see where the hole should be.  I did not want to bend the splash guard and break it.

Thank you,

Stuart

2021 TAB 320 BD
    2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Southern Maryland
  • Options
    @Yoshi_TAB I'm measuring about 6-3/4" from the wheel well and 3" from the bath wall. The picture below looking up from the bottom shows that you can be off from those dimension and not have a problem.

Stockton, New Jersey

• Options
    Hi @AnOldUR,

I'm in the final stages of my inverter install....did you ground your inverter to the chassis ground coming out of the WFCO?  Is  it the white wire (attached to the ground wire) in the photo.    Just wanted to double check...thank you
    2021 TAB 320 BD
    2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Southern Maryland
  • Options
    @Yoshi_TAB Yes, I spliced a small terminal block (white arrow) into the ground wire that went from the WFCO through the floor to the frame.

Stockton, New Jersey