Options

Help, Alde hot water not working..

2»

Comments

• Options
    CCCCCC Member Posts: 116
    Well it worked for a minute or two with sink but the shower did not and now the sink doesn’t still don’t feel heat on the red hoses.
    2022 T@B 320 S Boondock  "UGA", Jeep Gladiator Overland
    North Georgia
  • Options
    So I drained the Alde with the yellow lever, it was full, reset the lever and it seems t be refilling by itself, is that normal?
    North Georgia
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,509
    The 110 plug only provides power while hooked up to shorepower.  

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,509
    Not sure what you mean filling by itself.

To fill the Alde from the fresh water tank and pump, just open the hot tap and let it run via the pump until there is no sputtering of air.  It is always best to do this maneuver hooked up to city water (no pump) as it is fast and then you don’t lose 2.5 gallons of water from your fresh tank.

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Yoshi_TABYoshi_TAB Member Posts: 381
    edited September 2022
    Hi,

To fill the Alde for hot water (assuming you are boondocking) , the yellow flap must be closed, the Nautilas is in dry camp mode, you have sufficent water in your on board tanks and your water pump must be on.

Questions:

So you had hot water at the sink for a minute or two but now no hot water?

You say the electrical plug was out.  Why was it out?  Could it be out again for some reason?

You say no heat at the red hose.  I'm assuming you mean at the mixing valve inlet.

If you are still stuck and want to..I'll be happy to give you a call or you can call me (301-659-2898) and see if we can run this down.  It may be easier than go back and forth in the forum.

R/Stuart
    2021 TAB 320 BD
    2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Southern Maryland
  • Options
    Yoshi_TABYoshi_TAB Member Posts: 381
    Hi, Another way to help trouble shoot is to go to the Alde control panel.  In the bottom right is tool symbol (looks like a gear).  Click on that.  Scroll to the 4 th screen until you see "Service" in the lower left.  If you click on service, you can see the glycol and hot water tank temperatures.  

What temperatures do you see there?
    2021 TAB 320 BD
    2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Southern Maryland
  • Options
    Thanks Yoshi for the call, hot water! Not sure what all made the difference. But after draining the Aldi water tank I apparantly had my pump on and it filled the Alde tank. I guess that was going when right after I darained the Alde I could hear a noise and it seems that that was the pump filling the Alde tank. That service suggestion will help if you have problem as it gives you your currany glcol and hot water temp. Thanks all!!!
    North Georgia
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited October 2022
    The plug is for the Alde AC power so it can run on 120VAC Shore current, does not effect Alde whilst working on propane.  The large black hose is the glycol circulation hose going to the cabin heating convectors, so Alde is heating.  Are,the red water lines host?   

Did you get any water draining out of the Alde when you flipped up ⬆️ the yellow valve?  If not, you are not getting any water into the hot water tank.  Try moving the Alde cutoff valve the other way round to vertical position, perhaps it got connected incorrectly?  

The maximum hot water temperature for the Alde is 151F, with Glycol temp at 158F, per the Alde control panel service settings readout.  The maximum temp recommended for domestic hot water is 140F, so the hot water mixing valve should be set at for hot water temp. of 130-140F. for best safe use.
    Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.