Options

Battery switch etc.

I have a new BOONDOCK. Have not even been camping, yet. I have solar. All worked fine until I turned off the batteries with the switch. Now the solar won’t charge, the batteries won’t charge and I can only run shore power to use anything electrical in the rig. Of course, I did turn the batterie switch back to the on position. I checked the breakers and the fuses. Could it be the switch? Any ideas would be very helpful. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    marleecampsmarleecamps Member Posts: 130
    Did you accidentally trip the circuit breaker in the external storage compartment where the battery switch is also located?  On my 2021 400, it's a small black box with a yellow lever located on the wall straight ahead when you open the door.  So easy to bump when moving things around in the storage bay.
    --Marlee
    2021 Tab400 Boondock; TV 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee; Minnesota
  • Options
    MaxMax Member Posts: 6
    I will go check this very moment. Thank you.
  • Options
    MaxMax Member Posts: 6
    You are amazing! That is precisely what I did! You win an extra large cookie! Thank you so very much. I found no information about this, yet you knew exactly the problem. I can’t begin to thank you enough! Many, many thanks for your generous time and advice. What a relief! Max
  • Options
    marleecampsmarleecamps Member Posts: 130
    Simply paying it forward.  This forum has helped me out in so many ways.  Keep asking questions as needed.
    --Marlee
    2021 Tab400 Boondock; TV 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee; Minnesota
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    No worries, the main battery circuit breaker next or near the battery cutoff switch getting accidentally tripped, has been an issue since the first TaB400 had them installed, all are located in the rear passenger storage locker.  You would think nüCamp would have put a notice about this in the instruction manual kit, or dealers including this in the customer walk through of the camper.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    BinghiBinghi Member Posts: 268
    I still want to install a cover over that switch. Hard as I try to keep things away from it, they seem to creep toward it. It’s a real trap.
    2021 400 BD / 2016 VW Touareg / Austin, TX
  • Options
    marchulemarchule Member Posts: 38
    I had this happen to me, too.  Too further complicate things the wires were "draped" in such a way that they hid the switch thus obscuring the problem.
    2018 320S / KIA Sorento 3.5 V6  - 2022 400 Boondock / KIA Telluride 3.8 V6  -  Utah
  • Options
    DocmarieDocmarie Member Posts: 3
    I have a 320s boondock and this may have happened to me also, but is the circuit breaker somewhere else on my model? I don’t see it at all
  • Options
    Yoshi_TABYoshi_TAB Member Posts: 372
    Hi,

What year is your TAB 320?  Also, what is the problem?  Your solar is not charging your battery?  Same as above, it was working until you turned  your battery switch Off/ON?  TAB 320's have no DC circuit breakers, only fuses.  The only circuit breakers are for the AC power located in your WFCO.  
    2021 TAB 320 BD
    2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Southern Maryland
  • Options
    bjn2bjn2 Member Posts: 81
    @Docmarie are you getting no DC power through the battery? Assuming that, and that you have the main power cutoff switch turned to the on position, you'll want to check the fuses in the wires that connect to your battery (look for black rubber inline fuse holders), and then check the two fuses related to the battery in your WFCO panel. Fuses F6 and F7 are the ones to check there. 

Utah-based
    2023 T@B 320 S Boondock
  • Options
    DocmarieDocmarie Member Posts: 3
    Thank you so much for your help, I now know where the external fuses are for the battery and indeed that is what it was! Now the alde isn’t heating…perhaps I blew two fuses. Checking that next! Love this forum!