Options

Spare tire question, 2018 T@B 400

Deb55Deb55 Member Posts: 293
We have a 2018 T@B 400 with the original tires. I believe they're dated November, 2017. From what I read, it's time to replace them even if the tread still looks good. They see a lot of sun in our driveway during the summers. I want to get Goodyear Endurance tires. Before I order them, should I get 2 for the trailer, or should I get another one for the spare to match? For that matter, is the spare on the 2018 T@B 400 the same size as the regular tires? I tried to look underneath, but I couldn't read the sidewall. Thanks! 

Comments

• Options
    DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 540
    When I replaced my original tires on my 2018 Tab 400 with Goodyear Endurance tires, I replaced all three tires. The tires are all the same size. 
    2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • Options
    Deb55Deb55 Member Posts: 293
    Thank you, @DenisP! Always helpful! 
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    Always good to do all three and have them match.  You got four plus years out of those tires, not bad…. But time to replace them, to be safe.  B)
    cheers

2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    RCBRCB Member Posts: 193
    If tires are covered when the trailer is not in use; how many years might they last?
    400 - 2019
    St Catharines, ON
  • Options
    falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 755
    I cover my tires with those Camco covers.  I don't know if that is going to extend the life or not.  If you see any cracking on the sidewalls then you should consider replacing the tires regardless of the tread depth.  I replaced my original "China Bomb" tires with Goodyear Endurance P225x75R15 sized tires.
  • Options
    The OEM tires are good for two to three years, as the rubber oxides and starts to break down.  Sunlight can make this happen quicker (2-years), but if no checks are visible, I would still replace after four years.
     Cheers 

• Options
    HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 611
    @Denny16
    If there are no sidewall cracks and the tires are kept covered, why would you replace them at four years?  Just curious.
    Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Trailer tires just become unreliable as they get older (due to oxidation and temperatures during storage), regardless of tire wear.  Going down the road at highway speeds on old tires is an accident wait happen, and this has been documented.  My only on the road breakdown with a failed tire, was on a tire that was more than four years old.  Trailer specific tires are not made to the same standard as car/truck tires.  That said, all tires deteriorate over time, even expensive sports car tires…
    Cheers