Options

Padding to keep things in place in cabinets

DukeHewettDukeHewett Member Posts: 41
Every trip we've taken in the T@B CS-S, when we open the upper cabinets we find things all over the place.  The cups, spices, etc all need to be put back in place.   I bought 2 - 3 packs of sponges from Home Depot in the Tile section and we now place them in areas to keep things in place.  The photo just shows a few of them, but they save us lots of re-organizing.   I think they are around $5.00 for a pack of 3.    And if you do have any clean-up to do, they work great at absorbing water and cleaning stuff up.    I know there are lots of other ways to keep things in place, but these extremely light-weight and bulky sponges have worked great for us.

Comments

• Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    edited October 2022
    Nice idea! I could use some of those those, I need a better way to mop up spills in the trailer.

I’ve found a combination of nonslip shelf liner and carefully sized bins to be the best way for me to keep things in their proper places. Having everything containerized also makes it much easier to pack for a trip, and take stuff back into the house as needed, either for cleaning or winter storage.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    I would suggest corralling things in low sided containers.  We have a small, handled basket in which we keep napkins, silverware and salt and pepper.  Easy to remove.  There are nice acrylic bins at local Home Good stores that should fit that area.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio