Options

Tab 400 screens

seabear31seabear31 Member Posts: 2
edited October 2022 in Trailer & Towing
In a Tab 400 — how do deal with screens that block view and air, do you just not use screens?  We camp where there are bugs!

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    Maybe put the overhead fan on exhaust to help draw more air through the screens.  That should increase your ventilation and still keep the bugs at bay.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    I get lots of ventilation through our screens.  Yes, they do block the view somewhat.  Your other option if camping with power hookups, is to turn in the CoolCat AC, leave windows closed, open the top vent a bit, and leave screens/shade open.  Now you have a view, cool air and ventilation.  That said, if using the gas cooktop, you need to open the galley window an inch or so, the first open locking position works, and Tuen on ceiling vent fan to low or med.
     cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,003
    And unfortunately the screens don't do the best job at keeping the bugs out!  There is a whole other thread on that subject.  I now have an Arctic turn acrylic double pane window in an additional new purchase of mine and I gotta say it is way better of a window.  Roller system so no goofy pleated shades/screens with strings going through them.  I've only had it a few days so not much experience yet but I really don't see any bugs getting through this thing!  It'd be nice if NuCamp could figure out how to incorporate this type of window into the T@b. 
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado