Options

T@B 320 PD-4135 Upgrade

stephengstepheng Member Posts: 110
Looking at upgrading from WFCO 8735P to the 4135 to move to lithium.  Couple of questions for those of you that have made the upgrade:

Did you leave your battery in the front tub after your upgrade?  
If so did you replace the red wire from the battery to the PD 4135?  I have read that some feel the voltage drop causes issues.  I calculate the voltage drop to be about .19 volts at 30 amps assuming the wire is 10 feet long and the T@B chassis is ground (eliminates need to use 20 feet for calculation).  
Have you measured voltage at battery when in bulk mode after upgrade?
2022 T@B 320S Boondock

Comments

• Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    edited November 2022
    @stepheng, this link shows how I installed my PD-4135.  There are some similar discussion threads on the forum, which you should find if you type in "PD-4135" or "PD4135" in the search box at the top right corner of the forum pages.  I moved the battery inside the trailer and ran the red wire directly from the front tub to the battery inside the trailer.  I no longer use the battery disconnect switch that is inside the front tub.

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/4388/pd-4135-installation/p2

The following discussion thread may also provide helpful info for you:

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/10532/lithium-or-agm-battery-mounted-inside-a-320-cabin/p1

Below is a diagram (included in the above discussion) showing how I wired everything (power wire from the PD-4135 to the Battle Born 100 Ah Lithium battery, Victron BMV-712 controller and Renogy 100W Solar Suitcase.  (NOTE:  The red wire from the battery to the junction box outside the trailer by the A-frame provides constant 12V power for the brakes.  Therefore, whether the battery disconnect switch inside the trailer is "On" or "Off," there is always power available for the brakes via the emergency breakaway switch.)

Hope this helps.  It took me quite a bit of time and research to figure out exactly how I wanted to configure everything, but it all works as envisioned.

2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    stephengstepheng Member Posts: 110
    @Bayliss Thank you for the update.  I have the Renogy 100W suitcase panel that has the Renogy controller.  Have thought about using the Victron MPP controller instead.  I do have the Victron smart shunt installed and it works great!

2022 T@B 320S Boondock