Options

2023 Tab 400 with 400Ah Lithium package

I am wondering if anyone here on the forums has purchased a 2023 Tab 400 with the upgraded lithium package and would be willing to share some photos of the WFCO panel and possibly some more detailed images of the wiring between the batteries, inverter, etc.

Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,653
    This thread has some, if you haven't already found it.  May not be as detailed as you need. 

This one, also, but the photos are not as detailed.

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    elbolilloelbolillo Member Posts: 295
    This thread has some, if you haven't already found it.  May not be as detailed as you need. 

This one, also, but the photos are not as detailed.

Yeah, I have these. Trying to see if anyone has more close up images.
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited December 2022
    Not much to see, the batteries are wired to the Victron 3K inverter on the 4-battery option, and it charges the batteries whilst on shore power.   The WFCO is not connected to the batteries from what I understand, it only powers the DC circuits when on Shore power, 
    With the nüCamp 4-battery lithium option on the TaB400, the WFCO charging circuit is not wired to the batteries, the Victron Inverter/Charger with its auto transfer switch handles charging the batteries, and powering the AC outlets.  If the WFCO AC breakers are used, if so, they could be getting their main feed from the Victron Inverter, which would provide power from Shore connection or from the battery via the Inverter.  

As for the DC circuits, I assume the battery bank is connected to the 12VDC main Fuse Buss, and when on shore power, the WFCO powers the trailer’s DC circuits.  
    If I got the 4- battery/Inverter Charger option, I would not sue the WFCO, and replace it with a Marine circuit breaker panel for the DC circuits, and use the Inverter/Charger instead of a redundant WFCO. 

The Victron 3K Inverter/Charger replaces the WFCO for charging the batteries, and the lithium battery bank will power the DC loads.  When switching to shorempiwer, the Inverter charges the battery bank, and switches shorempiwer to the AC circuits.  The Marine Mains  circuits breaker panel will handle AC and DC breaker (fuse) requirements ina cleaner looking panel.  No fuses to hassle with?
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    elbolilloelbolillo Member Posts: 295
    Denny16 said:
    Not much to see, the batteries are wired to the Victron 3K inverter on the 4-battery option, and it charges the batteries whilst on shore power.   The WFCO is not connected to the batteries from what I understand, it only powers the DC circuits when on Shore power, 
    With the nüCamp 4-battery lithium option on the TaB400, the WFCO charging circuit is not wired to the batteries, the Victron Inverter/Charger with its auto transfer switch handles charging the batteries, and powering the AC outlets.  If the WFCO AC breakers are used, if so, they could be getting their main feed from the Victron Inverter, which would provide power from Shore connection or from the battery via the Inverter.  

As for the DC circuits, I assume the battery bank is connected to the 12VDC main Fuse Buss, and when on shore power, the WFCO powers the trailer’s DC circuits.  
    If I got the 4- battery/Inverter Charger option, I would not sue the WFCO, and replace it with a Marine circuit breaker panel for the DC circuits, and use the Inverter/Charger instead of a redundant WFCO. 

The Victron 3K Inverter/Charger replaces the WFCO for charging the batteries, and the lithium battery bank will power the DC loads.  When switching to shorempiwer, the Inverter charges the battery bank, and switches shorempiwer to the AC circuits.  The Marine Mains  circuits breaker panel will handle AC and DC breaker (fuse) requirements ina cleaner looking panel.  No fuses to hassle with?
     Cheers 
    Yeah. My plan is to just leave the WFCO in place and disconnect the converter. It would be interesting to see what Nucamp has actually done for this install.
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    Next time I am at the dealer, I will have A poke around to see what the nüCamp setup is.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.