Floor warranty repair - thoughts on solution?

Last year we discovered some bubbles in the floor in our 2022 TAB 400 - especially visible when hot or at altitude. Currently the camper is being fixed under warranty by the dealership.

The strange thing is that they are being told by nuCamp only to replace the visible floor. I would fear there could be issues with water, durability, etc. long term. Any thoughts on this solution? Anyone done something similar or have experiences?

Comments

• berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 959
    edited February 2023
    We have the same issue with our 2021 400 and I know others have as well.  Ours is not as bad as yours but when we do see it it is in hot weather, then it goes away when it cools down.   I contacted NuCamp and they said it is an adhesive issue.  Most likely the adhesive was not spread out completely in those spots.  They told me it is a major repair, ripping up the vinyl to replace it, and possible some of the floor would rip up with it.  Our floor construction is different than what is in your 2022 so the fix may be easier in yours.  We opted to do nothing at this point since it is not really a big deal in our trailer.  However NuCamp assured me that the issue was documented with them, photos and emails sent.  If it becomes a big issue we could get it fixed.  But it has not gotten any worse in the almost 3 years we've had the trailer.  Honestly if it starts to bother us I will just do this fix that @manyman297 did on his.  So far it is holding up for him and was easy to do and non-intrusive for the most part.  And I'd rather just fix the small bubbles than have a large portion cut out and ripped out then replaced.  

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/14097/fix-delaminating-floor-covering#latest

I would not be too concerned with water etc as long as they do a good job at the replacement.  Especially since you have the transcore floor in your 2022 model.  The 2021 model does not have that. 
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • SoCalEsbenSoCalEsben Member Posts: 42
    edited February 2023
    Thanks for the info and the explanation. It does help bring some peace of mind knowing all the details and that the fix sounds reasonable. I'm fairly sure that the dealership will do a good job and my main worry was really resale value when that day comes. There are actually more bubbles than in the picture. Closer to the bed area there are similar - if not bigger - bubbles, so I think a repair was the right way to go.

Thanks again and have a great weekend!
    Yeah based on the number of bubbles I think you are making the right decision.  
    Leadville Colorado
  • manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,185
    @bergger My floor has developed several areas that are delaminating since my initial repair. They kind of appeared all at once late last fall. I’ll just do the same repair I did initially. The needle holes could become unsightly to some and I’m thinking just a small dot of acrylic paint might hide them. A bit of a pain but better than ripping up the entire floor. 

So far my initial repair has held up fine though so I know it works. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    edited February 2023
    Replacing the visible part of the floor, also includes under the sink cabinet.  As for the rest, under the shower, fridge areas and rear compartments are not replaced, and are a Transcore floor on the 2022 and 2023 TaB 400s.  This is a waterproof, commercial grade one piece floor panel, not a laminate, so any leaking on to it should not cause any issues. 

On the original 2018 TaB400 floor replacement, the floor was only replaced/repaired above the bottom Greencore panel used then, and the floor replaced in the dinette area, main hall, and under the galley sink (even though this is not visible, on the 2018, it could be an issue if it got wet under there.  

To replace the all the flooring under the cabinets (If any was used), the shower, galley cabinets, and fridge location on the new TaB400s would require ripping out the trailer’s interior cabinets.  This is a non starter, as the trailer was built from the inside first, and after the interior is built, the outside skin and roof is installed.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • SoCalEsbenSoCalEsben Member Posts: 42
    Thanks @Denny16! When we got the trailer, we weren't aware of the Transcore upgrade from the '21 model. That is a nice improvement.
    Just so I understand it correctly, the Transcore floor is the composite under the vinyl? Was trying to find the details on the full floor construction.
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    @SoCalEsben - Yes, the Transcore lies under the vinyl. 
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
     It seems like good stuff.

https://ridgecorp.com/transcore/
    Leadville Colorado
  • manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,185
    Arguably the next best thing about the transcore floor aside from its water proofness is that it’s seamless as @Denny16 mentioned. Many owners of older T@bs reported that the seams of their floors were separating and telegraphing through the vinyl flooring.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road