Options

Ucamp23

GregChrisGregChris Member Posts: 189
I got a boondocks sight for ucamp23. Any one who camped this way in the past have any advice. Are showers available, flush toilets? Is there space between sights for a Walker tent and/or a canopy? If I register for this sight and an electric site becomes available, can I switch? This is our first Ucamp and info seems sparce.

Comments

• Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,288
    edited February 2023
    This is the boondocking area. Bath house is across the road to the left of this picture, but not too far a walk. All the good stuff takes part under the tent.

Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    Thanks, don't dry camp a lot but looking forward to this!
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member Posts: 6
    I am more than disappointed on yet another nucamp selection of this site for us. I will decline if chosen. There are no water hook ups, no showers, no dump stations, and crude bathrooms.
  • Options
    SLJSLJ Member Posts: 451
    Martin said:
    I am more than disappointed on yet another nucamp selection of this site for us. I will decline if chosen. There are no water hook ups, no showers, no dump stations, and crude bathrooms.
    They already did the lottery and sent out the emails. If you didn't get an email you probably weren't chosen. 
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
    The Finger Lakes of New York
  • Options
    scott14scott14 Member Posts: 134
    Everyone who entered the lottery should have received an email from nuCamp, either Congratulations for getting a spot OR being told they have been placed on the waiting list.
    Scott / 2022 T@B 320S / 2019 T@B 400 / 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ / Northern Illinois
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Martin said:
    Let me clarify this a bit. There are water connections. They are shared, but there are connections. nuCamp runs temporary plumbing for this. I have never had any trouble getting water. Also, nuCamp brings in its own shower trailer and first-rate portapotties as well as hand-washing stations. All of these facilities are kept incredibly clean. In addition, your registration costs cover the services of a honey-wagon pump-out twice while at uCamp. 

The proximity to the factory allows many nuCamp employees to be engaged in the event, modifications to be done on-site, factory tours, and for people to experience the Sugrcreek area. There are no larger campgrounds in the area. As a matter of fact, Airstream holds their annual Swiss National Rally at Winklepleck and they don't have water. 

To me, personally, uCamp wouldn't be uCamp if it were outside of Sugarcreek.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Not to start an argument, but I think clarification of the clarification Jenn offers is needed.  My understanding is that the boondock sites do not have any water or power, however (as mentioned above) the sites within Winklepleck proper do have water and power PLUS the great shower trailers.
    Scott / 2022 T@B 320S / 2019 T@B 400 / 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ / Northern Illinois
  • Options
    So if you are boondocking, you can fill your water tank when you get there? Are boon dockers allowed to used the Winklepleck showers. Is there a dump station available when you leave? Can I empty my cassette if I need to? I don't care about being "hooked up", but showers and toilets are a must. It would be good to know this before I pay for registration. After this many years of ucamp it shouldn't be that hard to get basic info.
  • Options
    I am not sure about filling your water tank when you arrive or during your stay.  Boondockers are welcome to use the Winklepleck showers/restroom trailers.  As mentioned above, a "honey-do wagon" empties gray/black tanks a couple of times during the week.  I believe that is for both Winklepleck and Boondocker campers.  A cassette toilet can be emptied into one of the various port-a-potties located in Winklepleck and the Boondockers site.