Options

Should Have Been An Inventor!

ImNotThereYetImNotThereYet Member Posts: 34
edited February 2023 in Teardrop Groups & Links
I’m always working on something, I think it comes from my background of making low budget films! You have to solve problems with limited money, so here I am thinking about another idea for our TAB. If you are thinking about something like this, maybe see what happens to my idea before you do it. To get perspective of what I’m attempting, check out my video from Hunting Island, SC.

https://youtu.be/qjKhTj_h1S4 

Here you will see our tent/canopy solution. Not perfect, but working for us however I keep thinking there has to be a better way to connect the two? I ordered some awning rope, that is what Sailrite is calling it and I”m going to make a “connector” using duck canvas and the awning rope. This is my reasoning. 
If you look at most of the covers/visors/tents that connect with the railing, they go down pretty far on the sides, my idea is to not go down as far as I am trying to go from the TAB to the top of our tent. This is my idea of clearing it so in the even of rain, it will go past the door area and down the other side. That is my theory anyway. We are going back out this week and I am going to try and make something before we leave. I will post our next adventure and feature my success or misstep. Trust me I am on my 10th or more attempt at a “sun visor” for our boat!
Stay tuned....
2023 TAB 320 Boondock towing with a 2006 Highlander-www.donjohnsmusic.com

Comments