Options

Dry Camp on one Charge...?

How long can you comfortably dry camp before you have to attend to the trailer?
2015 T@B Max S.  TV: 2015.5 Volvo XC70. 

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    What do you mean by "attend".
  • Options
    Gonna need more info to answer - you just gonna let the camper sit with nothing running or you gonna use it, if so, how?
  • Options
    ELKELK Member Posts: 213
    (Yes...I can see why you need more info!!)   I mean, like, say I'm at a dog show for 4 days and there are no hook ups....Will my battery last? Will my tanks fill up? Just me and a dog or 2 in the trailer.
  • Options
    I would be living in the trailer and watching some TV... =)
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    ELK said:
    (Yes...I can see why you need more info!!)   I mean, like, say I'm at a dog show for 4 days and there are no hook ups....Will my battery last? Will my tanks fill up? Just me and a dog or 2 in the trailer.
    ELK said:
    I would be living in the trailer and watching some TV... =)
    The stock battery that comes with the T@B would typically only last 24 to maybe 36 to 48 hours. You will need a way to recharge your battery. Solar or generator are the normal choices. 

Your fresh water tank is only 11gallons (2014/15 models), gray water is 19 gallons, black water is 5 gallons. I used my black water tank for 4 days for #1 only during the evening and night, and it didn't fill up, but I used the Campground facities during the day. Using the shower very frugally will not fill up the gray water tank in 4 days, but it depends on how much water you put down the drain.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    If you were to not use anything (no TV, etc) but having the fridge run, it may last. I parked mine at a campground outside San Francisco - didn't want to pull it thru the city and narrow streets - for three days with just the fridge going and it was fine when I got back. Disclaimer - Your mileage may vary.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    PXLated said:
    If you were to not use anything (no TV, etc) but having the fridge run, it may last. I parked mine at a campground outside San Francisco - didn't want to pull it thru the city and narrow streets - for three days with just the fridge going and it was fine when I got back. Disclaimer - Your mileage may vary.
    Fridge was on propane, right?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
  • Options
    Hmmmm. thanks. Verna, you got me thinking about solar....although this IS Oregon....