Options

Use of T@B 320 shower

scaupscaup Member Posts: 81
In the 9 years we have owned our T@B we have never used the shower. We are now planning a long trip this summer without many available shower facilities.

Anyone have any experiences, tips, hints etc about the use of the shower?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,506
    If boondocking, your best bet to save water (and gray tank space) is to make use of a plant sprayer in the shower.  You can, of course, wet down, soap up, then use the shower to rinse.  Make use of the lever on the shower head to save on water.  

Be careful as your gray tank will fill and you will be standing in a pool of water if not careful.  If you have the tank monitor, it underestimates the remaining volume.

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,288
    Interesting idea @Sharon_is_SAM. We've also been putting off using the indoor shower, but do get a lot of use from the outdoor one. With or without our shower tent, it's nice to have the room to move around that the indoor shower lacks for this six foot tall old guy. Not a flexible as I use to be.
    Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    RTWCTSRTWCTS Member Posts: 113
    @scaup When we had a 320 I was too big to effectively shower in the bathroom and used the kitchen sink as a basin to wash from. My spouse would wash seated in the bathroom, provided we weren't trying to conserve water/gray tank space while extended dry camping. We would both wash from a basin in those conditions. Also, bring along a squeegee to help dry the bathroom if you shower in there.
    2023 TAB 400 Boondock
    2018 T@B 320 Sold
    Racing the Wind and Chasing the Sun
  • Options
    Yoshi_TABYoshi_TAB Member Posts: 381
    Hi, 

We use ours all the time when it's too cold to walk to the site showers or when there are none.  The few things that we do to make it a bit easier are; like many, we changed out the shower head to one with an on/off button.  That way you can leave the hot/cold handle in the right spot (for warm water) and do not have to waste water adjusting.  We find the floor a bit slippery, so we have a small rubber floor mat.  We hang it on an expandable shower curtain rod above the toilet when done.  Same for a small shower rug just outside the door so you are not stepping on the possible dirty floor or outdoor rug.  We also added a few hooks just outside the door for the towel, etc.   Happy TAB showering....
    2021 TAB 320 BD
    2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Southern Maryland
  • Options
    StepheninDenStepheninDen Member Posts: 29
    I found having full size quick dry towels like these very helpful. Also remember to have a system for keeping your toilet paper dry!

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,506
    One other thing that I find helpful to save water, I partially fill the tiny sink with water for bathing.  Easier than having to keep turning the shower head on and off.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 507
    MY 2016 320 had the sink in the wet bath, wish my 2019 did! Art
    2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge