Options

Alde ?

This been addressed before, but I can't find it in the search. Is there any way to calibrate the Alde thermometer? It's always 5 to 6 degrees high. This thermpro is very accurate. Temp left/ Humidity right. There is a temp offset adjustment, but that is just the difference between actual temp and when it turns on.

Comments

• Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    edited May 2023
    @GregChris, you will need to do a temperature offset using the Alde control panel and your independent thermometer.  You can review that info in the Alde owner's manual (section 2.8 and 2.9 in my manual, but may differ depending on your year T@B and Alde model), but here are a couple  discussions about how to do that:

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/16482/heating-issues#latest

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/10196/does-your-alde-hold-at-temperature-other-than-set-point
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    GregChrisGregChris Member Posts: 189
    The offset adjustment doesn't correct the incorrect temp reading. I know I need to set the Alde 6 degrees high to get the desired temp. When a heating unit costs this many $'s and has this much maintenance(the glycol every 2 years), U-camp, and any other company using it should require better standards from the manufacturer. When you spend $30,000 plus for a camper it should work as advertised. I know I seem to be nitpicking, but come on.
  • Options
    SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 419
    With our 320 there's a significant temperature difference moving from floor to ceiling. I learned this using another thermometer. The Alde t-stat is closer to the ceiling so it reports a higher temp.
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH
  • Options
    GregChrisGregChris Member Posts: 189
    The 2 thermometers were right next to each other for 5 min. That position is the hottesst point, above the tv, in front of the microwave, and high up. I turned the air8 on, and it had the same temp showing as the therm pro in the photo, the alde is 5 - 6 degrees higher. We like to sleep at around 64, so I set the alde at 70. The actual temp was 62 when we got up, so I don't really know if it even turned on. Didn't hear anything running during the night. How quiet is it? It got down into the mid 40's at night, so I'm thinking it must have run at some point.
  • Options
    johnfconwayjohnfconway Member Posts: 292
    Alde running makes an easy-to-sleep-through hum.
    Not sure where its sensor actually is, but the temperature in trailer is all over the place. Boiling coffee water early in morning raises "kitchen" area 3 or 4 degrees relative to bed or kitchenette. We set Alde at 66 degrees and whatever the temperature actually is, it's a whole lot better than 28 degrees outside (last early Friday morning, Apache Creek, NM)!
    2020 T@B 400 BDL towed with 2019 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X  Silver City, NM
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    GregChris said:
    The offset adjustment doesn't correct the incorrect temp reading. I know I need to set the Alde 6 degrees high to get the desired temp. When a heating unit costs this many $'s and has this much maintenance(the glycol every 2 years), U-camp, and any other company using it should require better standards from the manufacturer. When you spend $30,000 plus for a camper it should work as advertised. I know I seem to be nitpicking, but come on.
    @GregChris, I am unclear as to how you are setting the temperature offset.  Using your photo above, are you setting the offset so that the Alde display reads 6 degrees lower?  I believe that is what you need to do so that the Alde matches the 69 degrees shown on your Thermpro thermometer.

You may want to start off by first resetting the Alde to its original factory settings.  Then, compare the displayed temperatures (Alde display vs Thermpro) and make the offset adjustment as necessary so that the displayed temperatures match.

I made a one-time adjustment to mine and it has remained accurate thereafter.  If it still does not work after a "reset," then maybe it is time to call Alde for additional suggestions or possible replacement under warranty (you did not mention the year/model of your trailer and Alde, so I do not know if the warranty still applies.)  Good luck.
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)