Options

How do you know when water level getting low on T@B 2015 model that has no gauge?

We filled our water tank and went camping for 2 days but ran out of water before we knew we were even low. So went the night with no heat. Water was available across the campground but we mistakenly thought we had enough water for 2 days.
Is there a way to add a gauge? Dip stick? Anything  - or do we just need to add water manually daily?
We were running the heater at night and washing dishes after each meal.
Thoughts?
I'm not really seeing anything in the search about this topic but maybe didn't word my search well enough.
Thanks in advance:)!
K

Happy Camping!
2015 Tab S with Alde 

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    If you bend down behind the rear wheel and shine a strong flashlight at the visible portion of the tank, you should be able to see the water level in the tank.
    Not that I ever do this. After a few rounds of camping you just get the sense of how much water you use and when you need to add some. Keep in mind that although the tank is 11 gallons, I feel like the pump starts pulling air and losing prime several gallons short of that. However, I've never actually measured the "practical" tank capacity.
    Back before tank sensors were standard equipment, a few owners added aftermarket gauges themselves. So, it can be done if you really want them. If you search around here, you can probably find some old discussions with DIY instructions and tips.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    @KAR - you can run the Alde for cabin heat WITHOUT water in your tank.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    linolino Member Posts: 226
    Our gage is not accurate and can’t rally use the last few gallons

we just add a few gallons as we move along through our weekend. Worst case scenario, some of it just runs back out, but I rarely do that.