Bed Slats in 2021 T@B CSS

We're trying to figure out a way to create a solid bed across the slats to eliminate the spacing between the slats because the cushions seem to sag making for a not fully comfortable night's sleep.  Anyone come up with an ide on this same issue?  Thanks.

Comments

• Dragonfly4100Dragonfly4100 Member Posts: 10
    You could cut 1/4" piece of plywood to lay across the slats, it will span that short distance no problem, thin and light. Just would need to store it somewhere.
    Tom and Barbara
    2018 T@B 320CS-S
    2022 Toyota 4Runner
  • ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,394
    Earlier model T@Bs had a funky table that went up and down--in the down position it supported the bed. However, many owners (me included) disliked that clunky monstrosity and removed it and replaced it with homemade bed slats. It was common enough mod that nuCamp later replaced the "elevator table" with the Lagun table and a set of bed slats.
    To the point, perhaps you could just make your own replacement slats with no gaps. When the bed is not set up, mine double as a nifty coffee table!  :-)

2015 T@B S
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    In our CSS, the provided bed slats fold up compactly and we didn’t want to create a problem with storing a lot of boards.  Our solution was to make 3 wide boards that solidly cover the rear section of the bench gap and we use only half of the webbed slats for the forward portion of the gap.  That way, when the bed is broken down into bench seating (say for inclement weather
     or winter camping), we stash the compact webbed slats and we use the rear boards as a coffee table like @ScottG.  Sorry, I searched and I don’t have a single photo😝

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio